Update

Extreme Games Fast Flagging League

Moderators: Lee, EEL

Post Reply
User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6824
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Update

Post by Lee » December 14th, 2017, 10:11 am

We will definitely not have draft this weekend. Havent been able to send out mass emails and signups have been slow. We will continue preparing for league and hopefully get pickups ready with arena and new settings soon, but draft will most probably take place after holidays.

Lee
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 238
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: Update

Post by BEASTED » December 14th, 2017, 6:59 pm

makes sense, Perfectly understandable. Thanks again lee!
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

RaeRae
EG Staff
Posts: 2141
Joined: March 7th, 2005, 8:18 pm
Location: OHIO - CLE

Re: Update

Post by RaeRae » December 14th, 2017, 8:02 pm

That's a good call. Holidays always fuck up population and the momentum of leagues. We'll still keep pushing for signups!
Image
RaeRae*

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1726
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: Update

Post by TheCript » December 14th, 2017, 10:47 pm

ok, now lets get realistic and think about what plan B is, coz we wont get 6 squads * 8vs8 (twice) on sundays
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

User avatar
EEL
Level 8
Posts: 3464
Joined: November 25th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Update

Post by EEL » December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.


We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
Grid

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6824
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Update

Post by Lee » December 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm

EEL wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.


We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

User avatar
EEL
Level 8
Posts: 3464
Joined: November 25th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Update

Post by EEL » December 16th, 2017, 2:42 am

Lee wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm
EEL wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.


We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
what different setup for the 6vs6? I think of 6vs6 and i think it requires more skill idk maybe I'm crazy...
Grid

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6824
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Update

Post by Lee » December 16th, 2017, 3:41 am

EEL wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 2:42 am
Lee wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm
EEL wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.


We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
what different setup for the 6vs6? I think of 6vs6 and i think it requires more skill idk maybe I'm crazy...
you cannot have normal flagging game with 2 bases and dropped flags with 6v6. This means at all times it will be 5v6 at either base, that is totally different case with 7v8 although in that format taking base became harder vs original 9v10 flagging. Smaller the number, more quantity of players matters.
Ever baseduelled with 1 man down, 99% of games end with the team with MORE people winning. At some point pure quantity will overcome quality, especially now as the teams will most likely be pretty equal in strength and no real newbies around anymore.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1726
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: Update

Post by TheCript » December 16th, 2017, 6:39 am

Lee wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 3:41 am
EEL wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 2:42 am
Lee wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:17 pm
EEL wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Maybe we should consider 6 squads, 6vs6, same settings as lee is requesting with a total of 84 signups that would get each team 14 per roster.


We would only be looking at 56 more signups.
6vs6 needs different setup, also we don't have nearly enough for that league as well. I would rather play 8v8 with 4 squads or just bd league with maybe larger bases with 6v6. In the end I will decide once we know more or less on volumes.
what different setup for the 6vs6? I think of 6vs6 and i think it requires more skill idk maybe I'm crazy...
you cannot have normal flagging game with 2 bases and dropped flags with 6v6. This means at all times it will be 5v6 at either base, that is totally different case with 7v8 although in that format taking base became harder vs original 9v10 flagging. Smaller the number, more quantity of players matters.
Ever baseduelled with 1 man down, 99% of games end with the team with MORE people winning. At some point pure quantity will overcome quality, especially now as the teams will most likely be pretty equal in strength and no real newbies around anymore.
you always say this and you never listen....


i actually think it does suit the current format u put up especially with the pointsystem put in place

Code: Select all

Fast flagging concept:
gametimes limited with 1 hour, winning points vary depending on how game was won
5 points - team wins (drops all flags) before 30 minute mark
4 points - team wins (drops all flags) between 30 and 60 minutes
3 points - team wins by having more flags in possession at 60 minute mark (either dropped or carried)
if its so hard to take enemy base when its full D (5vs6) then the winning is rewarded with more points....

and adjust make sure the bases have easier FR's and smaller bases in general....
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

User avatar
Lee
Level 10
Posts: 6824
Joined: October 12th, 2002, 9:26 pm
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: Update

Post by Lee » December 21st, 2017, 4:12 pm

Hey!

We managed to send out email blast, so lets see if any old players would like to play.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 238
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: Update

Post by BEASTED » December 25th, 2017, 11:49 am

Lee wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hey!

We managed to send out email blast, so lets see if any old players would like to play.
sure it worked lee? ive yet to receive any email
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1726
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: Update

Post by TheCript » December 25th, 2017, 2:26 pm

BEASTED wrote:
December 25th, 2017, 11:49 am
Lee wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hey!

We managed to send out email blast, so lets see if any old players would like to play.
sure it worked lee? ive yet to receive any email
me neither
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

Black Boy
Level 3
Posts: 288
Joined: December 6th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Re: Update

Post by Black Boy » December 25th, 2017, 11:40 pm

same bro

RaeRae
EG Staff
Posts: 2141
Joined: March 7th, 2005, 8:18 pm
Location: OHIO - CLE

Re: Update

Post by RaeRae » December 26th, 2017, 12:14 am

rek said he sent out like 2500. Check your spam maybe?
Image
RaeRae*

BEASTED
Level 3
Posts: 238
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 am

Re: Update

Post by BEASTED » December 26th, 2017, 10:28 am

ive checked junk/spam/all folders/inbox/outbox/xbox/text box still no post
Biggest Squadhopper 2012

#1. Beasted - On almost every egfl squad this guy takes the cake when it comes to squadhopping.

TheCript
Level 6
Posts: 1726
Joined: November 15th, 2008, 7:06 am

Re: Update

Post by TheCript » December 26th, 2017, 11:09 am

BEASTED wrote:
December 26th, 2017, 10:28 am
ive checked junk/spam/all folders/inbox/outbox/xbox/text box still no post
received mine, was in spam

email title;
Merry Christmas! Come Visit Us! New League!
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

User avatar
EEL
Level 8
Posts: 3464
Joined: November 25th, 2004, 5:49 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Update

Post by EEL » December 26th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Only real EG Vets got the email. I got it..
Grid

User avatar
doomsy
Level 3
Posts: 294
Joined: June 21st, 2010, 3:42 am

Re: Update

Post by doomsy » December 29th, 2017, 3:53 pm

i remember holidays being the busiest part of the year cuz every1 was in vacation. now after a month of inactivity i open up SS and find out 22 players in eg... on those 22 10 r fake and 12 r specced in pub.

i doubt anything will happen to eg and even less a league happening.
its sad but its true, time to let go imo.
Image

DaZZ!
Level 3
Posts: 285
Joined: December 9th, 2003, 4:47 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: Update

Post by DaZZ! » December 30th, 2017, 7:18 am

EEL wrote:
December 26th, 2017, 7:29 pm
Only real EG Vets got the email. I got it..
Ohh... Yes, I got it as well! In fact I got two emails, making me 2 x the regular EG Vet.
Image

Kush
Level 2
Posts: 66
Joined: January 21st, 2016, 10:34 pm

Re: Update

Post by Kush » December 30th, 2017, 1:19 pm

no, you got 2 because you are #2

Post Reply

Return to “EGFFL 2018”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests