EGBDL 2017 - Official Ratings

Extreme Games Baseduel League (Draft)

Moderator: jaXen

jaXen
Level 6

Re: EGBDL 2017 - Official Ratings

Post by jaXen » February 11th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Unlimited wrote:Make it so 1 midtier requirement but only for 5v5 on Sunday official matches imo
Will likely be that. So far, 3 say yes to that, 1 doesn't care, 1 for still low only.
Aliases: AfghaN, jaXeN, mvp

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 12th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Update:

Cape moved to mid tier.

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » February 13th, 2017, 4:07 am

move camshaft too, people in spec were talking about it in spec, those who spoke confirmed cam is no low tier, hasnt been in a long time.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

TheCript
Level 6

Post by TheCript » February 13th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Optimal wrote:move camshaft too, people in spec were talking about it in spec, those who spoke confirmed cam is no low tier, hasnt been in a long time.
thats what ive been saying too
Fc> how old are you again?
TheCript> 24
TheCript> sup?
Fc> you sure you didn't mistype and you actually wanted to type 14?

^^ the level of trolling fc is stuck at ^^

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 13th, 2017, 2:06 pm

TheCript wrote:
Optimal wrote:move camshaft too, people in spec were talking about it in spec, those who spoke confirmed cam is no low tier, hasnt been in a long time.
thats what ive been saying too
Yeah you've only said it 3 times. I will ask the GMs and get a final decision on his placement based on their feedback.

MiTeY
Level 7

Post by MiTeY » February 13th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Unlimited wrote:Make it so 1 midtier requirement but only for 5v5 on Sunday official matches imo
Second this due to higher turnout on Sunday/weekends.

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 13th, 2017, 3:07 pm

MiTeY wrote:
Second this due to higher turnout on Sunday/weekends.
Already been done.

twistNturn
Level 1

Post by twistNturn » February 14th, 2017, 10:36 pm

I think I should be moved to low tier. I was 4 VP last year and there are players in low tier who had 4 VP and even 5 VP. I think if players such as Thix, Prozac<, Ste, Camshaft, Remark, etc etc are in low tier then I should be too. These players are usually priv freqqed before me and I believe they're viewed by most as being either on my skill level or better.

PAT
Level 7

Post by PAT » February 14th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Not gonna lie I'm kind of surprised I am considered a 5vp and not a 6, not that I care cause its top either way. But this whole rating thing is dumb. I get that you don't want to take activity into account but like me/pocho/hoontar can all dominate dbz and you have him rated above us. Not to mention I've won several leagues as squad leader and GM and I've won about a total of 9 leagues now, started against bacon and dbz on Impurity back in the day (when dbz was benching). Just seems like one person making these ratings isn't the best move. And these ratings aren't really being based off the correct thing. Leagues are real time and current player status. Are you saying that since FC was risinblood owner and won all these leagues back then that he should be rated above all the rest of us because he has played for that long and won leagues about 17 years ago?

Edit: I've won 2 egfl, 2 egdl, 2 egbdl (being squad owner in all 3 leagues) and then won egl 3 times and been in finals 4-5 other times. Lol dbz a 6 hahahah barely would consider him mid tier.
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

dreownsu
Level 5

Post by dreownsu » February 14th, 2017, 11:42 pm

pretty sure finites teams woulda fallen apart if it wasnt for me, LOLOLOLOL.
EGFL 08 - most underrated player
EGDL 09 - Champion (Sam Adams)
EGDL 11 - Champion (Nerd Down)
EGFL 2012 - Champion (DancnFairy)

poemZX_
Level 6

Post by poemZX_ » February 15th, 2017, 5:37 am

dreownsu wrote:pretty sure finites teams woulda fallen apart if it wasnt for me, LOLOLOLOL.
ya take all the credit why dont you
I dont quit on you. You dont quit on me. We're a team.

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » February 15th, 2017, 6:24 am

finite is like the princess that gets to ride on the horse of the hero while he fights of the muggers
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

DaZZ!
Level 3

Post by DaZZ! » February 15th, 2017, 11:27 am

PAT wrote:Not gonna lie I'm kind of surprised I am considered a 5vp and not a 6, not that I care cause its top either way. But this whole rating thing is dumb. I get that you don't want to take activity into account but like me/pocho/hoontar can all dominate dbz and you have him rated above us. Not to mention I've won several leagues as squad leader and GM and I've won about a total of 9 leagues now, started against bacon and dbz on Impurity back in the day (when dbz was benching). Just seems like one person making these ratings isn't the best move. And these ratings aren't really being based off the correct thing. Leagues are real time and current player status. Are you saying that since FC was risinblood owner and won all these leagues back then that he should be rated above all the rest of us because he has played for that long and won leagues about 17 years ago?

Edit: I've won 2 egfl, 2 egdl, 2 egbdl (being squad owner in all 3 leagues) and then won egl 3 times and been in finals 4-5 other times. Lol dbz a 6 hahahah barely would consider him mid tier.
dbz, u gonna take this?

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 15th, 2017, 12:27 pm

PAT wrote:Not gonna lie I'm kind of surprised I am considered a 5vp and not a 6, not that I care cause its top either way. But this whole rating thing is dumb. I get that you don't want to take activity into account but like me/pocho/hoontar can all dominate dbz and you have him rated above us. Not to mention I've won several leagues as squad leader and GM and I've won about a total of 9 leagues now, started against bacon and dbz on Impurity back in the day (when dbz was benching). Just seems like one person making these ratings isn't the best move. And these ratings aren't really being based off the correct thing. Leagues are real time and current player status. Are you saying that since FC was risinblood owner and won all these leagues back then that he should be rated above all the rest of us because he has played for that long and won leagues about 17 years ago?

I don't know why I'm responding as the VP doesn't matter and you saying dbz is barely a mid tier is just laughable. You say you owned him when he wasn't a starter but how about the in between? Dbz was in every EGFL finals from 2007-2013 and not only that, he was a key starter in every single finals. He may not be the player he used to be but if he was to get active again he has a reputation of doing damage during some of the peak of our zone.

Considering the amount of work I did I think it's the best way to rate players. It's not like I did it alone because I have received countless feedback and made many changes on people I don't know. To do things the way we used to just isn't feasible because after talking to many people there are so many players that just don't know anything about people's skills. You can take one look at our most recent egdl VPs and see that players don't know how to rate people.

Unlimited
Level 4

Post by Unlimited » February 15th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Honestly Jaxen? I would take everyone's criticism in a positive way.. no one is trolling you, or being negative.. everyone is just stating why they SHOULD be a certain vp. Way better than the past where everyone has gone crazy on the coordinator to the point if I remember correctly some have quit because they couldn't handle the negativity. Finite has a point, there are some players some what being shafted simply because they didn't play "back then." Everyone knows baseduel is my thing, been bding for a very long time? yet you actually considered putting me mid tier, which made me question you big time.

Just take 1 minute watching certain players in a normal baseduel. Watch Dbz, then watch finite, or me, or taunt/poem/bacon. There is a HUGE difference in skill, dbz is smart but is very rusty and actually should be considered to be moved to midtier from the little bds I have played with him lately. When I first saw he was a 6 was like what the heck? DO NOT go by the past, go by NOW and how they play NOW vs the very best.

As far as Finite, it's true.. he really should be a 6. Has proved himself time and time again. Not a big deal, but in future leagues they will look at these ratings from this league and rate accordingly so it kind of is a big deal top tier or not.
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 15th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Unlimited wrote:Honestly Jaxen? I would take everyone's criticism in a positive way.. no one is trolling you, or being negative.. everyone is just stating why they SHOULD be a certain vp. Way better than the past where everyone has gone crazy on the coordinator to the point if I remember correctly some have quit because they couldn't handle the negativity. Finite has a point, there are some players some what being shafted simply because they didn't play "back then." Everyone knows baseduel is my thing, been bding for a very long time? yet you actually considered putting me mid tier, which made me question you big time.

Just take 1 minute watching certain players in a normal baseduel. Watch Dbz, then watch finite, or me, or taunt/poem/bacon. There is a HUGE difference in skill, dbz is smart but is very rusty and actually should be considered to be moved to midtier from the little bds I have played with him lately. When I first saw he was a 6 was like what the heck? DO NOT go by the past, go by NOW and how they play NOW vs the very best.

As far as Finite, it's true.. he really should be a 6. Has proved himself time and time again. Not a big deal, but in future leagues they will look at these ratings from this league and rate accordingly so it kind of is a big deal top tier or not.
You make a lot of good points. I just want you to know I don't take things negatively and every single person someone mentions I always go back and rethink their rating. I know I am not perfect and know that there are many players that have a lot more experience than me and know a lot more about players than I do so I am always wanting to improve the reliability of the rankings. The only thing I have an issue with is the people that personally attack me and others for having a messed up rating. One thing I think most people agree on is not letting inactivity be such a large factor in the way people are rated. History is not the end all be all but I think it should play a big role.

When you hammered me for putting you mid tier I looked much deeper into your history. I saw that you have been a clear starter in league finals for the past couple years and placed you appropriately to your skill.

As for finite I know he is considered one of the best currently in our zone. He's earned that from what he's accomplished and clearly people agree as he was 1 of 2 9vp players in the beginning of egdl. I would take finite on my team in a heartbeat especially the level at which he plays when he's active. I was trying to keep the 6vp people to those that were a cut above like bacon, bombed, ap, king, trance, etc even though it is meaningless for this league.

b_l
Level 3

Post by b_l » February 15th, 2017, 5:32 pm

nice work, jaxen.
IGN: BLOOD LINE, pao, GOOD NIGHT

twistNturn
Level 1

Post by twistNturn » February 15th, 2017, 5:56 pm

jaXen, any thoughts on my post?

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 15th, 2017, 6:13 pm

twistNturn wrote:jaXen, any thoughts on my post?
Asking some GMs and other people about it. I'll give an update tonight on my final decision. Like you said, you're a borderline guy. You'd be a steal at low tier but likely wouldn't play much at mid tier.

pocho
Level 3

Post by pocho » February 15th, 2017, 6:21 pm

just wanted to say thanks jaxen for running the league.

Unlimited
Level 4

Post by Unlimited » February 15th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Agreed very gj afghan!
Colonel Lag> 275 consecutive kills? I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive kills!

dreownsu
Level 5

Post by dreownsu » February 15th, 2017, 9:15 pm

pocho wrote:just wanted to say thanks jaxen for running the league.
This! Thanks jaxen
EGFL 08 - most underrated player
EGDL 09 - Champion (Sam Adams)
EGDL 11 - Champion (Nerd Down)
EGFL 2012 - Champion (DancnFairy)

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 15th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Updates:
Twistnturn moved to low tier.
Dax^ added to low tier.
Vicerate added to mid tier.
Mjb added to mid tier.

P.s: Thanks everyone for the love! I really do appreciate it and I look forward to this league! :)

Optimal
Level 8

Post by Optimal » February 16th, 2017, 6:02 am

Who cares about these ratings, im gonna win the league anyway.
Viper Squadron Image

Smoking Blue

Lee
Level 10

Post by Lee » February 16th, 2017, 7:07 am

jaXen wrote:
Unlimited wrote:Honestly Jaxen? I would take everyone's criticism in a positive way.. no one is trolling you, or being negative.. everyone is just stating why they SHOULD be a certain vp. Way better than the past where everyone has gone crazy on the coordinator to the point if I remember correctly some have quit because they couldn't handle the negativity. Finite has a point, there are some players some what being shafted simply because they didn't play "back then." Everyone knows baseduel is my thing, been bding for a very long time? yet you actually considered putting me mid tier, which made me question you big time.

You make a lot of good points. I just want you to know I don't take things negatively and every single person someone mentions I always go back and rethink their rating. I know I am not perfect and know that there are many players that have a lot more experience than me and know a lot more about players than I do so I am always wanting to improve the reliability of the rankings. The only thing I have an issue with is the people that personally attack me and others for having a messed up rating. One thing I think most people agree on is not letting inactivity be such a large factor in the way people are rated. History is not the end all be all but I think it should play a big role.

When you hammered me for putting you mid tier I looked much deeper into your history. I saw that you have been a clear starter in league finals for the past couple years and placed you appropriately to your skill.

As for finite I know he is considered one of the best currently in our zone. He's earned that from what he's accomplished and clearly people agree as he was 1 of 2 9vp players in the beginning of egdl. I would take finite on my team in a heartbeat especially the level at which he plays when he's active. I was trying to keep the 6vp people to those that were a cut above like bacon, bombed, ap, king, trance, etc even though it is meaningless for this league.
VP ratings have always been followed by heated arguments mainly by 2 types of people.
a) people who are in reality underrated, but their egos cannot stop them from complaining as they want the appreciation of whoever is making the ratings
b) people who will feel that they are overrated and this will make their chances of playing slim.

This is why i suggested having GMs make the vote, take average, so you can always just forward the blame towards them and as they are GMs, well then their opinion matters in the end anyways.
BOMBED> i dropped out cuz school is gay as fck
BOMBED> education overrated
Sephiroth> wish i could get half naked with my sister n post pics
Sephiroth> it is the truth

PAT
Level 7

Post by PAT » February 16th, 2017, 8:04 pm

I'm not putting up an argument saying that my vp is wrong or it's too low, I'm saying that there are players above me that are not on the same level as myself or others in the league. I get that activity should not play a huge role but you're basically stating that if you won a couple of leagues 7 years ago then you should be rated higher than some of the best in the game right now. It just doesn't fully make sense to me. Not trying to start any beef with anybody, love ya afghan.
Ominous> i might spec help
Ominous> haven't decided yet
Ominous> i may have more g matters to attend to
BOMBED> you'll prolly fuck that up
BOMBED> just go afk or something
1:eel> ray j's dick was fucking eneourmous
1:qs> man i havent had female interaction in about a year

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 16th, 2017, 11:08 pm

Update:
Added taunt to top tier.
Removed Kalu.
Added Mracy to mid tier.

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 16th, 2017, 11:10 pm

PAT wrote:I'm not putting up an argument saying that my vp is wrong or it's too low, I'm saying that there are players above me that are not on the same level as myself or others in the league. I get that activity should not play a huge role but you're basically stating that if you won a couple of leagues 7 years ago then you should be rated higher than some of the best in the game right now. It just doesn't fully make sense to me. Not trying to start any beef with anybody, love ya afghan.
Yeah I hear ya. I know that as unbiased and objective as I try to be, it's impossible to have some level of bias. I'll be the first one to admit that I probably have a bias towards the time period that I was most active (07-10). That's why it's good to get feedback from people and make them as best as possible.

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 19th, 2017, 12:17 am

Ratings are now final and will not change.

jaXen
Level 6

Post by jaXen » February 19th, 2017, 12:52 pm

I was double checking everything to make sure there were no mistakes and I realized I didn't add Greenspace. I added him as a mid tier and will make the GMs aware of it before draft. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “EGBDL 2017”