SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
By SeOp
#521421
What we need is to simplify

1 public
1 Duels
1 Base duels

That's it

This game is hard to learn and its old, that alone is a huge barrier.

What are the game's strengths then ?

It's a geek's game. We can't lie about that.
It's complex and hard to master. Kind of like CS:GO

Is it competitive? fuck yeah.

Mutiny has been around since i was like 15 (and fueling on cherry blossoms while trying to REC on my 800x 600 screen with deepfreeze doing 400:0 in his god damned sleep).

What's this, what the fuck, that ringing. It can't be a twitch, now can it? well that could be a start.

We need streamers. We need mutiny and infinity and fucking bring back anarchists with tombstone or whatever.

This is esports at its purest.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#521440
SeOp wrote:What we need is to simplify

1 public
1 Duels
1 Base duels

That's it

This game is hard to learn and its old, that alone is a huge barrier.

What are the game's strengths then ?

It's a geek's game. We can't lie about that.
It's complex and hard to master. Kind of like CS:GO

Is it competitive? fuck yeah.

Mutiny has been around since i was like 15 (and fueling on cherry blossoms while trying to REC on my 800x 600 screen with deepfreeze doing 400:0 in his god damned sleep).

What's this, what the fuck, that ringing. It can't be a twitch, now can it? well that could be a start.

We need streamers. We need mutiny and infinity and fucking bring back anarchists with tombstone or whatever.

This is esports at its purest.
im down but where to start is the question i just emailed ISR yesterday hope he will come back that will help.
By SeOp
#521449
Where we start is the issue. Who will take the time to stream the gameplay and sell it while doing so.

What is TW doing better than EG ? i guess its much simpler to take part in the action. You join one of the 2 freqs and you defend or attack. It's centralised and more direct.

Obviously EG is not TW, but it could be easier to approach.
By Lacoste
#521458
SeOp wrote:Where we start is the issue. Who will take the time to stream the gameplay and sell it while doing so.

What is TW doing better than EG ? i guess its much simpler to take part in the action. You join one of the 2 freqs and you defend or attack. It's centralised and more direct.

Obviously EG is not TW, but it could be easier to approach.
that is what The Watch is all about, make 2 freqs, even them if needed, make squad priv to force vets in etc
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#521872
Lacoste wrote:
SeOp wrote:Where we start is the issue. Who will take the time to stream the gameplay and sell it while doing so.

What is TW doing better than EG ? i guess its much simpler to take part in the action. You join one of the 2 freqs and you defend or attack. It's centralised and more direct.

Obviously EG is not TW, but it could be easier to approach.
that is what The Watch is all about, make 2 freqs, even them if needed, make squad priv to force vets in etc
Ya not working really
By Lacoste
#521889
GhostBusters wrote:
Lacoste wrote:
SeOp wrote:Where we start is the issue. Who will take the time to stream the gameplay and sell it while doing so.

What is TW doing better than EG ? i guess its much simpler to take part in the action. You join one of the 2 freqs and you defend or attack. It's centralised and more direct.

Obviously EG is not TW, but it could be easier to approach.
that is what The Watch is all about, make 2 freqs, even them if needed, make squad priv to force vets in etc
Ya not working really

uhhh..we made tons of games and squads freqs..2 days ago from 1pm est to 6pm est..we made 2 big games..won first one around 10mil and lost second around 20mil

u fucking dickhead cant join unlimited squad, get active and make games? u fucking idiots all think EG will get active by itself..u so fucking ridiculous. go fucking 200 posts and then give up totally..u retard ghost, no balls, glad u quit The Watch without a few days, rofl he did it without saying a thing, wut a fucking loser.

THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#521901
Lacoste wrote:THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
While your effort is admirable, the problem is that nobody cares that "THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL!"
By Lacoste
#521905
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:
Lacoste wrote:THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
While your effort is admirable, the problem is that nobody cares that "THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL!"
lies..we piss off alot of players winning all thoses games

and a squad named The Wall formed..lead by Unlimited

members:pocho,the_nme, devy, glyde , etc


worm why so negative? get in and flag some?
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#522342
Lacoste wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:
Lacoste wrote:THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
While your effort is admirable, the problem is that nobody cares that "THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL!"
lies..we piss off alot of players winning all thoses games

and a squad named The Wall formed..lead by Unlimited

members:pocho,the_nme, devy, glyde , etc


worm why so negative? get in and flag some?
Fail Lacoste! The watch went straight into the shredder get at us RiseNation!
By Lacoste
#522534
GhostBusters wrote:
Lacoste wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:
Lacoste wrote:THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
While your effort is admirable, the problem is that nobody cares that "THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL!"
lies..we piss off alot of players winning all thoses games

and a squad named The Wall formed..lead by Unlimited

members:pocho,the_nme, devy, glyde , etc


worm why so negative? get in and flag some?
Fail Lacoste! The watch went straight into the shredder get at us RiseNation!


Top squads are The Watch (670.0m), TheProtectors (312.3m), and Viper (305.2m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc :roll: :roll:

where is Risenation? ewww like stinky (ya u got it..its shit..and some green smoke out of it..
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#522782
Lacoste wrote:
GhostBusters wrote:
Lacoste wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:
Lacoste wrote:THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL.
While your effort is admirable, the problem is that nobody cares that "THE WATCH OWNS YOU ALL!"
lies..we piss off alot of players winning all thoses games

and a squad named The Wall formed..lead by Unlimited

members:pocho,the_nme, devy, glyde , etc


worm why so negative? get in and flag some?
Fail Lacoste! The watch went straight into the shredder get at us RiseNation!


Top squads are The Watch (670.0m), TheProtectors (312.3m), and Viper (305.2m). View full stats & more at http://bit.ly/1NbiLcc :roll: :roll:

where is Risenation? ewww like stinky (ya u got it..its shit..and some green smoke out of it..
How is Africa die of aids yet?
User avatar
By Rek
#522789
Azela wrote:I know how to bring back the vets...LEADERBOARDS!
People try harder and are more competitive when they know they are being measured. Check out the book "4DX" while you're sitting in spec in TW.
User avatar
By Rek
#522792
At this point in the 1-flag development, there is nothing I can offer FC/cycad/toothrot/lee to bring it to fruition. It is coming, but it needs dev work in Python, C# or .NET -- languages I do not have knowledge in. So I can either work on something I can directly impact that needs to be addressed anyway, or sit on my hands and do nothing. I chose the prior.

You can hate, or you can help. If you chase hate... that's fine, you'll be tuned out. But historically you've proven your value as a web dev, so I would much rather see you maybe take a step back and figure out ways to help.
User avatar
By Rek
#522794
My perception as a noob back in 2000/2001 was that if I was a good enough player in Pub, that maybe a squad would recruit me. If someone were a brand new player, I would suspect they would have that same mentality -- get good in pub until someone notices/recruits. We all know a strong, healthy league system (and squads) is what drives up EG's numbers -- but in my opinion it's tough for noobs to transition into leagues. Even in draft leagues you don't often see true newbs actually getting much, if any, game time.

I'd like to see pub become that breeding ground for good league/squad players again. Pub rankings are very tough -- but if we can tune these leaderboards to at least focus on some worthy metrics, it starts to drive competition. These leaderboards would absolutely be further tuned and leveraged in leagues. But I'd like to keep the metrics constant or at least somewhat consistent between the two so that the skills we breed in pub are directly applicable to leagues.

We definitely don't want to forget about vets -- I'm hoping seeing an actual leaderboard gets everyone in competition with each other to prove who's the best. Scooby! and other names that you wouldn't typically think would make a leaderboard against some of the active vets we have can be easily knocked off if vets get in a play. Scooby is rocking when it comes to points and K/D ratio -- but falls short on KPM because he's more of a spray and pray frayer. The second Blood Line and f0rcer start winning games and gaining points to close the gap -- scoob will quickly be knocked off. That's where the competition comes in. The scoreboard is wiped every time we have a reset and EVERYONE has the chance to make it into the top 10. It's not based on historic knowledge of what you've done from resets past, but what you're currently doing.
User avatar
By Rek
#522798
We need to bring competition back to pub. Turning our backs on it and focusing on Leagues further polarizes the zone -- newbs vs vets -- and really negates our ability to retain new prospects. BUT... Leagues are absolutely important and would be a close 2nd to pub gameplay in terms of priority (in my mind).

Next league will be based off of Lee's 1-flag idea. I think it's results with heavily determine the direction we take in terms of league development.
By stewie
#522799
statements like this are the reason why EG staff is viewed as a joke. if staff seriously thinks that there are enough players to host a mediocre probably bug-infested one-flag league, you either havent logged into EG the past 6 months, or are just plain delusional.

when one of the most popular league (EGBDL) didn't get more than 30 signups, how do you think that a one-flag league is going to get anywhere near the 100 signups required to sustain a league
By stewie
#522800
Rek these moves needed to be made a year ago AT LEAST, optimally 2-3... its too late for this. you're putting in so much effort and it's pointless.
User avatar
By Lee
#522801
stewie wrote:statements like this are the reason why EG staff is viewed as a joke. if staff seriously thinks that there are enough players to host a mediocre probably bug-infested one-flag league, you either havent logged into EG the past 6 months, or are just plain delusional.

when one of the most popular league (EGBDL) didn't get more than 30 signups, how do you think that a one-flag league is going to get anywhere near the 100 signups required to sustain a league
1) you mistake egbdl for a popular league lol. Baseduel has been effectively dead for a year, hosting league for it was bad idea from the beginning. Most popular league and massively overhosted one has been for last 2-3 years egdl.
2) one-flag league will have no signups, it is going to be a publeague as main season, so everyone in squads participate, what rek tries to say is that together with 1-flag testing, a league will be hosted at the same time as well to hopefully increase pub activity for that period and also give vets some motivation in actually getting in and winning a game or 2.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#522861
Rek wrote:My perception as a noob back in 2000/2001 was that if I was a good enough player in Pub, that maybe a squad would recruit me. If someone were a brand new player, I would suspect they would have that same mentality -- get good in pub until someone notices/recruits. We all know a strong, healthy league system (and squads) is what drives up EG's numbers -- but in my opinion it's tough for noobs to transition into leagues. Even in draft leagues you don't often see true newbs actually getting much, if any, game time.

I'd like to see pub become that breeding ground for good league/squad players again. Pub rankings are very tough -- but if we can tune these leaderboards to at least focus on some worthy metrics, it starts to drive competition. These leaderboards would absolutely be further tuned and leveraged in leagues. But I'd like to keep the metrics constant or at least somewhat consistent between the two so that the skills we breed in pub are directly applicable to leagues.

We definitely don't want to forget about vets -- I'm hoping seeing an actual leaderboard gets everyone in competition with each other to prove who's the best. Scooby! and other names that you wouldn't typically think would make a leaderboard against some of the active vets we have can be easily knocked off if vets get in a play. Scooby is rocking when it comes to points and K/D ratio -- but falls short on KPM because he's more of a spray and pray frayer. The second Blood Line and f0rcer start winning games and gaining points to close the gap -- scoob will quickly be knocked off. That's where the competition comes in. The scoreboard is wiped every time we have a reset and EVERYONE has the chance to make it into the top 10. It's not based on historic knowledge of what you've done from resets past, but what you're currently doing.
I really like the leader boards rek good job. Ive been waiting for a more in depth leader boards to be on this website which we have never had like this before. It might not bring vets back but its nice to look at and it keeps track of stuff and sure doesn't hurt anything. So dont know why people are bitching about it was just a upgrade for the website wasn't going to be 100 percent for bringing people back.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#531980
Need them more then ever now!!
International freqs

USA EAST: USA WEST: EUROPE EAST: EUROPE WEST: MEX[…]

Hi Heath

The Future of EG

So why did FC bother taking this on, seems like th[…]

Hi

Let the zone die. Fc ruined it, human trash. Sup[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!