SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
By anderson
#517095
lol noobs, of course reaching out to vets is a good idea but they've left for a reason and cant expect them to stay for very long, but its a start. Pub is the main issue and it takes no time at all to hop in and !buy.e ball which will turn a 6 person fray fest into the slightest signs of competitive play that pub can become. Players WILL join in and you'll have yourself a small flagging match. Problem is no vets take anytime to even play pub, they overlook it and thats why ete and bd usually have larger populations than pub. Also why no new players stay in the zone (cant blame them pub sucks balls and its the first thing they see when they enter).

So, my point is to stop going bd/ete instantly then esc q but put in a little effort to help out pub arena. Or be narrow minded your choice.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518287
I have reach out to a lot of old vets. Threw emails and facebook and even aim got some good results. Going to work harder on getting contacts and getting hold of people.
By Heath
#518288
the only way is to contact jabjabjab from tw, and find out how far he got with a web browser version of the game...

the game in a browser is the only way to get a lot of people... possibly thousands per zone ...

-people should ideally be able to just casually log in and chat while doing their usual browsing/research or play.
-while the game loads, there would be an optional 'flash introduction' with a screenshot (+ links to a youtube video training series) and a moving arrow to highlight all the items on screen stuff. combining the most useful info so that newbs dont feel completely lost.

and then if you are so addicted, spend some time figuring out how to get it into a browser, the possibilities, what resources you'd need, maybe map it out on the forums and e-mail all the SS programmers you can, combined ask them to chip in a little coding here and there... learn some yourself. build a team.

seek out and contact the people who made a stripped down facebook version of the game as well (unless that was jabjabjab's attempt), ask them what the pitfalls were. of course, as ideally, you want to be able to use the same bots etc, the same key defs changeability, and choose between two zones (tw+eg)

maybe it's possible.

but i can tell you, if you mapped out what needs to be done, what have been the pitfalls in the project and assembled a massive team of keen past+present pilots, you'd have a real chance.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518291
Not a bad idea heath. They are working on getting SS on greenlight for steam why dont you ever play anymore?
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518292
Heath wrote:the only way is to contact jabjabjab from tw, and find out how far he got with a web browser version of the game...

the game in a browser is the only way to get a lot of people... possibly thousands per zone ...

-people should ideally be able to just casually log in and chat while doing their usual browsing/research or play.
-while the game loads, there would be an optional 'flash introduction' with a screenshot (+ links to a youtube video training series) and a moving arrow to highlight all the items on screen stuff. combining the most useful info so that newbs dont feel completely lost.

and then if you are so addicted, spend some time figuring out how to get it into a browser, the possibilities, what resources you'd need, maybe map it out on the forums and e-mail all the SS programmers you can, combined ask them to chip in a little coding here and there... learn some yourself. build a team.

seek out and contact the people who made a stripped down facebook version of the game as well (unless that was jabjabjab's attempt), ask them what the pitfalls were. of course, as ideally, you want to be able to use the same bots etc, the same key defs changeability, and choose between two zones (tw+eg)

maybe it's possible.

but i can tell you, if you mapped out what needs to be done, what have been the pitfalls in the project and assembled a massive team of keen past+present pilots, you'd have a real chance.
Good but at the same time would kind of make this game dumb web browser games are stupid but it would attract people.
By Heath
#518295
So putting this game as close to the original as possible (with mostly better changes but probably some worse) is dumbnstupid?

:lol:

what's your in game alias again
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518320
T-Dogg
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518750
I got hold of like 100 more emails that i got from like old squad websites and ether sources. Ill will be sending them emails to see if they will come back.
By BEASTED
#518988
why do you want to bring the vets back? they are the ones that killed the game in the first place. newbies bought the JP up high and we would come in and make private freq's and push them to the side of the game. plus the maps suck now days. for years they have. anyway i just randomly remembered SS again. back to AFK wake me up when this game is fun again
By BEASTED
#518989
EG should just fuck the pub, and become a baseduel zone. and keep side things like elitete
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#518992
BEASTED wrote:EG should just fuck the pub, and become a baseduel zone. and keep side things like elitete
Hey beasted should strt playing again. Anyways they have been fixing pub alot lately. Its been more active and went back to old maps the current map they have is pretty good. Been alot more pub games lately some pretty good ones.
By Odi
#519040
The zone is dead, gone, it's history. As lee states there's nothing going on, we have people that literally are unknown as mods, there are no events that are fun to play, there's literally nothing. I will log on say once every 6 months for about 30 seconds to 5 minutes, realise there's nothing to do, shit talk thecript a little then log off. That's literally all EG is nowadays, a glorified social platform
By Odi
#519051
Just because there's about 50 people online in one arena WHS doesn't mean the zone is alive, 9-10-4-2, i'm guessing that's what, the only game going on? The zone is dead and by dead, I mean there is no competition, no reason to log on and nothing to play for anymore. Stop trying to be pedantic to try and score points on a forum for a zone in a game that Is no longer cared about or for by 90% of the 70 people that still play it.
It was a cute attempt to try and score a cheap point, i'll give you that, but let's face it WHS, most of the things you say and type, nobody even cares. We respond just so you don't feel as worthless as you did when you actually left spectator mode.

Thanks.
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#519057
You posted that the zone was long dead and history while a super-active flag game was going on, just as active as it was 10 years ago. The difference from now and then is that back then there would be at least 4 of those games going on at once where as now there is only one. The bottom line is you're just some angry troll spewing nonsense for god-knows-what reason. I posted the proof that you're full of shit and now you're trying to backpeddle? How can you defend your comments that the zone is dead when a full stacked freq game is going head to head right now in EG Pub??

Save your useless pessimistic bullshit for when the zone really is dead.

ps: Regarding your spec mode comments.. I was more active in this zone before you even knew this zone existed and have played this zone more than you ever will. Until you can prove that you're more than just a pile of human garbage, I suggest you stfu and sit down. thx.
By Odi
#519062
If you check my posts on other threads regarding this matter, I have said the zone is dead and explained the same valid reasoning as i have in this topic. 1 "super active" game is not proof the zone is alive at all. That match maybe going on, but it's no way near the scale of 10 years ago, people used to fight to get into the arena to play the game, they would wait until a spot opened up, now that never happens, because people don't care, competition dead = game is dead.

I haven't tried the backpeddle, what the fuck are you talking about you ignorant fuck. All i done was expand on my meaning because you seemed to struggle to understand what I and countless others have said, plus a full stacked freq game would be 3 teams, not 2 and a bit.

It's not pessimistic, it's the truth, again countless other people have said it too.
So what, you've played longer than me and before my time blah blah blah, all those hours put into a game, to have the only thing you're known for as a map maker and some graphics, Good job. I've played less and have lost more skill than you will ever have in this game. I suggest you go back to making maps, it was the only thing you could do.
User avatar
By prozaker
#519067
Yo, enjoy the zone while it can be enjoyed. If in your eyes is dead, then it's dead. If you think that a game makes it not dead, then fine, it's not.
odi wrote: The zone is dead, gone, it's history. As lee states there's nothing going on, we have people that literally are unknown as mods, there are no events that are fun to play, there's literally nothing. I will log on say once every 6 months for about 30 seconds to 5 minutes, realise there's nothing to do, shit talk thecript a little then log off. That's literally all EG is nowadays, a glorified social platform
if it's no longer fun, remember that zones are run by players, in theory; anyone can make it fun.

Saying "Literally nothing" means, in actuality NOTHING, deserted, population of only bots and speccers. In reality, this is not the case, there are still games being played. SS has always had social aspect. Is the above a complaint, an attempt to keep ppl away, a precedent of "I told you so", A joke, troll attempt? Not trying to fight, just asking.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519069
Odi wrote:If you check my posts on other threads regarding this matter, I have said the zone is dead and explained the same valid reasoning as i have in this topic. 1 "super active" game is not proof the zone is alive at all. That match maybe going on, but it's no way near the scale of 10 years ago, people used to fight to get into the arena to play the game, they would wait until a spot opened up, now that never happens, because people don't care, competition dead = game is dead.

I haven't tried the backpeddle, what the fuck are you talking about you ignorant fuck. All i done was expand on my meaning because you seemed to struggle to understand what I and countless others have said, plus a full stacked freq game would be 3 teams, not 2 and a bit.

It's not pessimistic, it's the truth, again countless other people have said it too.
So what, you've played longer than me and before my time blah blah blah, all those hours put into a game, to have the only thing you're known for as a map maker and some graphics, Good job. I've played less and have lost more skill than you will ever have in this game. I suggest you go back to making maps, it was the only thing you could do.
Your wrong odium EG has became way more active there has been 35 people in baseduel for a long time now seems like its been way more active during the week to which is good because it was never like that and people are coming back and the new head mods are doing a good job now!
By Baptism
#519073
We cannot deny that the overall population of Subspace is slowly decreasing. Ultimately, in the long run, there will be nothing that we can do to stop it.

However, with that said, we have to be proud that we have made Extreme Games last as long as it has. What we do now with the time is really what matters. We are actively attempting to find ways to ensure retention. It is rather difficult to attract new players to this game, especially since online gaming has evolved, while Subspace has not.

Enjoy the moments you are presented with, rather than your pathetic pessimism. It is everything but constructive.
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#519074
At least Odium now knows to stop using the word "literally" until he figures out what it means.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519171
Baptism wrote:We cannot deny that the overall population of Subspace is slowly decreasing. Ultimately, in the long run, there will be nothing that we can do to stop it.

However, with that said, we have to be proud that we have made Extreme Games last as long as it has. What we do now with the time is really what matters. We are actively attempting to find ways to ensure retention. It is rather difficult to attract new players to this game, especially since online gaming has evolved, while Subspace has not.

Enjoy the moments you are presented with, rather than your pathetic pessimism. It is everything but constructive.
Yes the population has dropped but it hasn't dropped low enough where the game cant function isn't its staffs job to try and keep the zone fun and keep people playing instead of saying stuff like your saying almost making it sound like you don't care pretty rediculess if you ask me
By Baptism
#519323
GhostBusters wrote:
Baptism wrote:We cannot deny that the overall population of Subspace is slowly decreasing. Ultimately, in the long run, there will be nothing that we can do to stop it.

However, with that said, we have to be proud that we have made Extreme Games last as long as it has. What we do now with the time is really what matters. We are actively attempting to find ways to ensure retention. It is rather difficult to attract new players to this game, especially since online gaming has evolved, while Subspace has not.

Enjoy the moments you are presented with, rather than your pathetic pessimism. It is everything but constructive.
Yes the population has dropped but it hasn't dropped low enough where the game cant function isn't its staffs job to try and keep the zone fun and keep people playing instead of saying stuff like your saying almost making it sound like you don't care pretty rediculess if you ask me

I have played this game since early 1999. I want nothing more than this game to continue living. Please do not interpret my post as "not caring."
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519358
no squads no eg! :roll:
By Airduster
#519359
no pub = no squads

gg
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519361
Airduster wrote:no pub = no squads

gg
Very true but what made pub more fun was competeing for squads and playing aganst ether squads but that is true tho no pub no people for squads to recruit
By Optimal
#519362
WE DONT NEED THEM OLD VETS TO COME BACK, THEY SUCKED ANYWAY DUDE, THE BEST OF THE BEST STILL PLAY, WE NEED NEWBS LIKE YOU TO BECOME BETTER GHOST. STOP WANTING TO GET CARRIED. FUCKING IMPROVE FOR ONCE SO WE CAN SOME BETTER GAMES. YOU WILL NEVER BE A CHALLENGE TO A TOP PLAYER UNLESS YOU GOT 2 CARRIENG YOU, YOU FUCKING NEWB, ALL THIS COMPLAINING BUT HAVE YOU IMPROVED OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS YOU PLAYED? NO, YOU ONLY LAG MORE, FUCKING NOOB.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM OF THIS ZONE AND MANY LIKE YOU. ONLY TALK ABOUT THIS AND THAT BUT YOU STILL PLAY LIKE A FUCKING NOOB. YOU SHOULD GET MORE ACTIVE AND PRACTICE, DONT BE LIKE OTHERS AND TRY TO TAG ALONG AND HYPE YOURSELF UP WHILE YOU CANT KEEP UP VS REAL PRO FLAGGERS.

YOURE A DIZEASE TO THE ZONE AND THE GAME, YOUR WEAK MENTALLITY SPREADS LIKE A VIRUS. YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER POEM ZX. YOU GET CRUSHED BY REAL PROS BECAUSE YOU CANT DO SHIT.

YOU THINK THESE VETS RETURNING WILL CHANGE ANYTHING, AFTER I CRUSHED THEM THEY WILL LOG OFF AGAIN.

TO SURVIVE IN THIS GAME YOU NEED TO BECOME BETTER, BECAUSE DICKRIDING WONT HELP ANYMORE SINCE THE ZONE DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS FOR YOU TO GET CARRIED. TOP PLAYERS ARE MORE SPREAD NOW THAN EVER. SO INSTEAD OF ALL THAT ASSKISSING YOU DID WAS POINTLESS BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO CARRY YOUR OWN WEIGHT YOU FUCKING NEWB, YOU SHOULD HAVE PRACCED AND STUDIED THE GAME MORE INSTEAD OF ASSKISSING FOR YEARS AND TRYING TO BECOME FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE WHO DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU WHEN THEY LOGOFF, THAN YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOW, PERHAPS A CHALLENGE TO ME, WHICH I WOULD FUCKING LOVE.

NOW YOURE JUST ANOTHER MOSQUITO ON MY WINDSHIELD. GET GOOD OR UNINSTALL LIKE THOSE VETS YOU GREATLY WANT BACK, FUCKING NOOB. STEP UP.
2020

That's because everyone is on Discord. Come parti[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!