SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Vote and discuss EGFL 2011 games inside.

Who will win?

Grid in 2
17%
Grid in 3
14%
Silence in 2
40%
Silence in 3
29%
By MiTeY
Lee wrote:
Mitey wrote:Feiyin: I haven't, YET - I agree. But Lee already has!

Lee: Thing is, you can say grid defends at 90 like its an insult, but the thing is, you couldn't take while STARTING at 90 while we had all the flags, and we defended 9 vs 10, so what does that say about your attack? ezzzz

It's becoming EVEN MORE apparent Lee has lost his scruples. I'm feeling sorry for him now trying to banter. :(

afk googling medications for Lee's dementia...
Once again someone fails to see the point, feels like arguging with my grandpa here. You keep talking about smashing with your great attackers, while your gameplan so far whenever i have played vs Grid has been sitting in defense and relying on fr bombline rofl.
This is getting ridiculous, you should stop when u cannot find new valid arguments, not that you would have presented any.
Ok Dyetha, since you, who is that "someone", is not getting the point, I'll say it again; you could not even take our FR at 90 and you obviously cannot adapt and lead your pilots to victory. I don't blame Silence pilots for not taking at 90 when we had all the flags, I would blame you, their fearless leader. Point is that Grid held regardless of how your FR was taken. When we need to step up, we do. Silence on the other hand needs their opponents MFR to d/c to win.

Go take your haloperidol now.
By MiTeY
Hey Lee, go take your meds so next time you can see majin flying by your old ass. :lol:

Well played Silence, even though Lee thinks he's more "useful" in game than in spec. Must feel nice to be abandoned by your leader who prefers to be selfish rather than actually lead in spec like a true leader does (eel). Soon, yes, very soon, Lee will beg eeL for a name swap so he can have some respect.

If it's any consolation Silence, he used to do the same thing when Trespass was in decline. Lee, time for you to make a new squad with only the most leet vets so they can make you look good again.
By fiori
How can you call Lee old? You're the one losin your hair Mitey, literally - If someone asked which way the sunset was you could just lean over and show them ur fcken head.

And coming from a squad member, I prefer to see my leader (Lee) next to me in game than yelling at me in spec, maybe that's just me though
Last edited by fiori on January 28th, 2012, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DaZZ!
Mitey wrote:Silence on the other hand needs their opponents MFR to d/c to win.
I don't get this one. Far as I heard that we were either about to kill Ill's mfr or had killed him and then managed to take the flags and win. They of course had the even chance to take our base as we did to take yours. So that logic is somewhat flawed.

Now our mfr dced out -> lost our gameplay totally at home -> lost base and couldn't push. Pretty much same thing happened to Ill against us.
By MiTeY
DaZZ! wrote:
Mitey wrote:Silence on the other hand needs their opponents MFR to d/c to win.
I don't get this one. Far as I heard that we were either about to kill Ill's mfr or had killed him and then managed to take the flags and win. They of course had the even chance to take our base as we did to take yours. So that logic is somewhat flawed.

Now our mfr dced out -> lost our gameplay totally at home -> lost base and couldn't push. Pretty much same thing happened to Ill against us.
All I saw there was "I'm handsome."

As for sin, just LOL.
By Karth
Ok, so Silence's defense kept getting split! It was disgusting to watch. WTF??? Yes, Suicide Knight can hold, But you realize that Omega can retreat out of base and keep going, while sui can only retreat so far right???

FFS, I lost 1550 EGC today Silence. Dont let me down tomorrow!
yeah, i think it was a good game on overall. beginning didnt went too good for silence, but we then found into our game eventually. grid in anyway gave our defense a hard time, since even tho we managded to hold some points very nice for quite a long time, on the other site, they were able to just plow past some parts of our home base make us look like fools for a few seconds (lol). as we have shown int he past, silence is able to hold their flagroom quite strong which will most likely be the reason for todays win (!). suicide lagging out was bad luck (not the reason for loss tho), and then not pushing fast enought is always a sad thing, essepcially when u get to 90% of grid fr..

well, in our aftertalk (yes, lee hasd THE TALK with us after game, and now we all know more about sexuall behavior on public.. weird actually sint it?).. well anywayz: we decide that we underrestimated this grid squad somehow and that we are condifent to pwn today, since we learn from our mistakes like every three year old does.. (no double meaning here!).

thanks, see ya later.

ps: grid, watch ur back. its getting nasty later today.
By Lee
gg Grid well played in both games and fully deserved the win, gg mitey for not showing for either and helping grid in doing that.
and props to all my guys as well, im really glad we had good showups, especially in Sunday game just wasnt our league to be won, cu around next year, if there is an egfl.

Oh btw mitey, last time i lead a team from spec was in Erratic i think, ive never been a spec-leader lol, took you only 8 years to figure that out rofl.
By Toretto
I obtained a new highlight my eg career, first person to be knocked out of egfl twice in one season.

Good game grid. Congrats.
Congrats to grid good job eel your one hell of a quad leader u put a lot effort into this squad and it shows and pays off congrats to you guys you guys deserved it strong fight and good job to golfer my god your one hell of a front now amazing job GG :)
By Omega Red
great games. last game in particular was tough, silence came out with a vengeance, as expected and we knew we had to endure the storm and not allow them to take our base/game. start was as bad as it could get for us as silence tried to deny us from using our usual down-right. we scavenged about 22 flags and a ball but somehow we failed to get a base.

but silence came out guns blazing, taking names, blasting people, they pushed home really bad and after we were dead at enemy, eel decided it was best to flank home and reset game. but silence wasnt gonna let us xc that easy, they kept reflanking us nonstop, the only person that was suffering here was sin since i just kept warping out when reflank caught up to me. we kept flanking mutiny style to slow them down and to try to break their spirit but im not sure if it was working since they kept coming hard. after a few fails at flank eel decided it was best to switch me to swing 1, moving muggy to anchor the enemy. i was reluctant to switch positions but in the end i just stfu and did what i was told.

nevertheless, it was a god-move and it is a testament to eel's leadership skills. i played better at s1 than i was anchoring. home was holding with me, aelderon and nugget taking anyone they threw at us. they pushed us back and forth but in the end we held on behind golfer's colossal performance.

in the end, i kept urging people to keep their cool and to play hard on the last hold. luckily our defense held once again and we dropped the flags ftw. chaos ensues

it was great playing against silence and their players, many of whom i would consider my mentors and friends. i was asking myself if we could beat them, since they were proven champions more than once in their past squads and we did it. we are worthy to have our place in eg's hall of champions, gg my friends
By Agro!
undoubtedly a deserved title.

game play has changed significantly over the years and we beginning to see some roles becoming superseded, notably on defence.

Grids deep-anchoring was a major contributor to the win, in combination with just exceptional 2-4man teamwork that nowadays - dominates individual talent.

It's shame eg dying like a mother-fucker, because this evolution is good.

I'm very frustrated we lost, pissed about the things we should have done better, angry about my performance, sad for my fellow squad-mates - and really happy to have those emotion, means i still give a fuck. So thankyou, i had alot of fun...ill get title No.4 next year.
By AH dealer
Azela wrote:
AH dealer wrote:golfer grids hero, thank him for the title.
The success of an MFR is directly effected by the defense in front of them. If Grid had a sucky defense, their MFR would get a sucky rec. Golfer has done consistently well but that is because his squad has allowed him to do so.

It's a team performance, they should all be credited with the win.
But at the end, the difference between the 2 squads had to be made. And the difference was GOLFER.
By Lee
AH dealer wrote:
Azela wrote:
AH dealer wrote:golfer grids hero, thank him for the title.
The success of an MFR is directly effected by the defense in front of them. If Grid had a sucky defense, their MFR would get a sucky rec. Golfer has done consistently well but that is because his squad has allowed him to do so.

It's a team performance, they should all be credited with the win.
But at the end, the difference between the 2 squads had to be made. And the difference was GOLFER.
Actually there were way more elements that determined their win:
a) we had awsome start, but completely fucked up as noone from our spec actually called help for dbz when we had him in the base we wanted with a ball.
that lead to us having no balls and them having 2 balls in base they preferred. Having a ball as fr anchor is a big advantage, one we didnt have due to that fckup and that also gave Golfer better chance.
b) we had a strong lineup to start with and it worked fine, our subs slowly but surely made our freq weaker and eventually the game ended in same tone as on Saturday. As a result our attack was weakened as awsome dazz was removed from a1 and whoever we tried as a sub didnt really work. That gave them upperhand and our attack was weaker, which made Golfers task ultimately easier.
c) ultimately, a good fr dies only when nme takes fr, i dont think sk as our fr died once, she had to stay more passive due to not having a ball which i explained before, but he didnt really die until our fr was taken, we never managed to properly take Grids fr, so once again, not to undermine Golfers achievement, he did great, it also had to do alot with our attack not working properly.
By Ursa
GG. Personally didn't have as good of a game as game one, but I made up for it with some smart plays that really helped.

Our start was fucked as they had both top right and bottom right bases with ball at the bottom one. We had the other ball at like top left base when I was able to grab a flag and solo Dbz to take back bottom right base and we were able to get the second ball there. If Silence pulled this off it could have been a different game.

Game probably changed when we switched the defenders up a bit, I was able to flex at home and enemy. We got to FR and pounder rushed flags and died to Lee. Was able to kill Lee after waiting for him in center and bring flags to NME. Took NME shortly after but someone rushed flags again though muGGy was able to kill carrier and we had all 30. We didn't hold as sponger was able rush flags and get out while I was flanking due to no anti from FR.

I dropped my flags and went to NME, and we took front while Dbz or someone was dropping which set Silence back about 60%. Don't think we got cleared after that, spent the rest of the game around 90-95% until we took.

And the year just got worse.

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!