SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging League 2011

Moderator: Azela

By BOMBEDTASTIC
came to a mutual agreement that this squad isnt going anywhere with my inactive useless attempt at being a leader, for the squaddies who havent heard im sorry but its either ruin ur egfl with a unmotivated squad or give u an attempt to join a decent squad for egfl. either way its my fail as a leader and my unmotivation so if i get hated then its deserved. but ya take legendary out of egfl
By BOMBEDTASTIC
it's already done...take legendary off we made the agreement already to let them find squads now to get on instead of trying on legendary. so let other squads pick em up im sure each squad can take who they want
By BOMBEDTASTIC
alot will join fever others will join other squads either way im sure they'll get to play and i felt this decision was better then dragging them along
By TheCript
loser
By iamnewb
why doesn't someone take over leadership and rename squad? Seems like a great solution. If not, 6 squads are left, in which case I suggest to reconstruct schedule so that each squad play each other twice. 10 main season games which would lead straight to 2 semi final games (playoffs.)
By col.1
yeah I agree with the idea of each squad playing each other twice.
By Toretto
col.1 wrote:yeah I agree with the idea of each squad playing each other twice.
you can leave the current schedule and just add a second half. The first half and second half.
By iamnewb
Azela wrote:I couldn't disagree more tbh. Since we only have 6 squads, that means all of them will make playoffs anyway so why bother? Plus, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but we're around 2 months behind schedule here, I don't think extending the league unnecessarily is a wise thing to do.
Let me make my post clearer.

Playoffs will only consist of 4 squads that will be competing in two separate semi final games. That means the main season would have a purpose. It would decide the fate of two squads, as opposed to solely determining squad rank.

This EGFL is pretty balanced. If squads play each other twice in the main season, it will create awesome competition and close/exciting games. I predict that the season will remain competitive until the end of the year, where I'm sure multiple squads would be fighting for playoff spots in their last game. ( Week 1-Next vs Silence was brilliant where next managed to pull an upset.) I think everyone would want to see ILL Silence Grid and Next all compete twice. Each squad is super solid. Even fever and repent have the capabilities to pull off upsets and possibly squeeze their way into playoffs.

Keeping the schedule the way it is (what you're suggesting) and having all squads make playoffs, is pretty retarded for obvious reasons. Main season essentially wouldn't mean anything except for how the squad ranked. I don't if you would consider that an EGFL.I also don't think extending EGFL one month would be detrimental at all.
Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyways, what's the next league after this, egbdl or egdl? (I'm assuming we're skipping EGL this year)

*Sidenote -we should host both semi final and final games on their same respective weekends. I think this has been done b4 in the past.
By PAT
Why would EGL be skipped?
By iamnewb
PAT wrote:Why would EGL be skipped?
Seems like it's going to be unsuccessful. Last year was pretty unsuccessful as well if I recall. There was drama just trying to set up the league. Two years ago was the last year egl was decent, with squads like trespass, warrior, legendary, Next (which was run by gunslinger/bold/riddler i think) , anarchists, elitestar, and other active squads. But again, it was obvious that legendary would win and that egl was largely uncompetitive.

I'm not against egl being hosted. However, I rather see an egbdl or egbdl draft league be hosted.

Regardless of what is hosted next, I think extending EGFL would be a good thing.
By PAT
iamnewb wrote:
PAT wrote:Why would EGL be skipped?
Seems like it's going to be unsuccessful. Last year was pretty unsuccessful as well if I recall. There was drama just trying to set up the league. Two years ago was the last year egl was decent, with squads like trespass, warrior, legendary, Next (which was run by gunslinger/bold/riddler i think) , anarchists, elitestar, and other active squads. But again, it was obvious that legendary would win and that egl was largely uncompetitive.

I'm not against egl being hosted. However, I rather see an egbdl or egbdl draft league be hosted.

Regardless of what is hosted next, I think extending EGFL would be a good thing.
Remember. There's a small majority of the zone that is strictly dueling. There's still an actual dueling squad out there. We need to preserve this. Imo EGL should be hosted. Except in better preperation this year and not put together in a day by a baboon again. (main reason it was unsuccessful)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!