SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Develop, Discuss, Get Help with Pycore,FCcore,Opencore and other bot cores for Subspace and bot development in EG

Moderators: Fc, king, Chineh, Sann

By cycad
If you are interested in developing bots for EG, please read.

We have a Python core. What does this mean? Bot dev is approachable and accessible to anyone (who is self-motivated, trustworthy, and most importantly has a history of being a positive member of the EG community).

This is a great opportunity for those who want to learn Python or develop bots for EG. As of right now we have a couple devs -- most notably King, Trained, Sann, and Chin -- who have done fantastic work. So the core is real and the development is active.

As examples, here are some Python bots:

A bot that has !roll that rolls a random number: http://pastebin.com/KgeysWvA
A bot that announces kills to the arena: http://pastebin.com/10c2XZw0
A bot that announces kill sprees to the arena: http://pastebin.com/NMEHmNmz
A bot that announces ship changes to the arena: http://pastebin.com/ZaAwcjCV

To give an idea of the core's capabilities, it is possible to write something up to the complexity of the pickup bot.

If you are interested in getting involved, contact me in-game. No programming experience is necessary, but self-motivation is a requirement.
By Chineh
it is good fun if you like this kind of thing. We already have many events and other useful bots in the works -some people might have seen a few of them being tested around zone already.
Like cycad says the core is very powerful and can handle pretty much as much as the other bots.

Also if anyone has ideas of an interesting idea/bot but doesnt want to make the bot themselves, let one of us know and we can hopefully take it on for you.

chin
By Zeker
I would love to learn this but it seems so complicated, really anyone could learn this?
By jaXen
if i woulda stuck wit computer engineering id be more than willing to make up some sweet bots
By Sann
Zeker wrote:I would love to learn this but it seems so complicated, really anyone could learn this?

I believe Chin and I had 0 programming skill before we started, but thanks to cycad/King and our bot core who have been amazing teachers and help, Chin now has an almost finished Trivia Bot and a Sumo (new event) Bot in progress, and I've been working on my relayrace2 (new event) bot too. :D It's actually pretty straightforward if you have logic/common sense, it's just a matter of knowing all the terms and putting them in correct places.
By b0w
Sann wrote:
Zeker wrote:I would love to learn this but it seems so complicated, really anyone could learn this?

I believe Chin and I had 0 programming skill before we started, but thanks to cycad/King and our bot core who have been amazing teachers and help, Chin now has an almost finished Trivia Bot and a Sumo (new event) Bot in progress, and I've been working on my relayrace2 (new event) bot too. :D It's actually pretty straightforward if you have logic/common sense, it's just a matter of knowing all the terms and putting them in correct places.
so in other words, don't even bother zeker.
Last edited by b0w on March 15th, 2010, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gRazzalRazzle
I can be available to help teach about general programming or specifically about how to program for the game.
By bixweet
cool that you guys are doing this and getting some prac with events bots and stuff BUT...

who is the champion that will make this bot for automated pickups

when a predetermined amount of ppl (ie 25) type :bot-eg-auto-pu:!enlist

bot hosts >_<
By Wormhole-Surfer
Edit: King is currently working on (or finished with) the RAID bot.
Last edited by Wormhole-Surfer on April 9th, 2010, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Demokillerz
cycad wrote:If you are interested in developing bots for EG, please read.

blah blah blah......

This is a great opportunity for those who want toBECOME A STAFF MEMBER OF EG. As of right now we have a couple tools...-- most notably King, Trained, Sann, and Chin -- who have done fantastic work that I would have had to do myself if we didnt so easily lure them to. So the core is real and the development is active.[/color].[/i]
Edited for truth and translation with large font.
By Kupo!
I have a programming project due next friday, but after that, I would be down for some work on this.

EDIT:

are there some programs that screw with continuum?

I tried to install continuum, and it doesn't run. I have microsoft security essentials - but apart from that I don't have any anti-virus/etc.
By The Big Head
I want to code bot capability for nameduels, where the bot will give the winner the loser's password.

The syntax would be something like

!nameduel challenge [playername]
!nameduel accept
!nameduel reject (or just regular !r)

Then we wouldn't have any more 'so and so wouldn't give name' threads.
Of course, there would be tons of threads about how people lost their name after being lagspecced or whatever. But you pretty much assume the risk by accepting the duel.

What do you say?
By prozaker
say that you pm the bot with !nd person <password> the other person pmsg the bot with !a <password>, the bot takes both passwords and logs in another instance on some other zone and checks them, and changes them for insurance. then starts the duel.

if someone wins, that person gets both passwords.

..... an hour later someone does ?lostpassword and wait for lulz.

in conclusion that idea is weak, maybe if the bot autoposts the nameduel forum if the other person doesn't get the name, that way it saves you the embarrassment of posting it yourself.
By Wormhole-Surfer
Anyone interested in working on something like this?

Bio-Bot:

Concept: View short bios of any player in the zone and create your own. See a nick in pub you don't recognize? View their bio (if they created one) and learn a little more about him/her (ie. how long they've played, squads they've been in, aliases,etc.)

To view a mini-bio of any player, simply enter a public arena where a public eg bot is present and type !bio [name]. To create your own bio, just type !addbio [any info about yourself in less than 200 chars.].

sample:

Sodomy Toothbrush> !bio Jonny Scrotum
(Bot-EG-Public-3)> Jonny Scrotum's Bio: Life is hard in EG. I have many enemies. peace out!
Sodomy Toothbrush> !bio steveh
(Bot-EG-Public-3)> steveh's bio: aka wormhole surfer. EG map/event/tile designer since '98
:Bot-EG-Public-3:!ab played EG since 2000 / Past Squads: fer, flankflankers / aka: SUPERLEV, Lagomatic 2000
(Bot-EG-Public-3)> bio succesfully updated!
Sodomy Toothbrush> !bio Sodomy Toothbrush
(Bot-EG-Public-3)> played EG since 2000 / Past Squads: fer, flankflankers / aka: SUPERLEV, Lagomatic 2000
By nunnnez
sounds fun.

i will make this my main project. due 2020.
By Wormhole-Surfer
It's fun to post random useless messages!
By Darren
Is there a list of new devs up anywhere? would be useful for people to contact them with their ideas.

I can host an archive of the forums if we want. Wo[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!