SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

All Extreme Games and Subspace/Continuum related topics
By Airduster
#519363
rofl that's a 10
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519370
Optimal wrote:WE DONT NEED THEM OLD VETS TO COME BACK, THEY SUCKED ANYWAY DUDE, THE BEST OF THE BEST STILL PLAY, WE NEED NEWBS LIKE YOU TO BECOME BETTER GHOST. STOP WANTING TO GET CARRIED. FUCKING IMPROVE FOR ONCE SO WE CAN SOME BETTER GAMES. YOU WILL NEVER BE A CHALLENGE TO A TOP PLAYER UNLESS YOU GOT 2 CARRIENG YOU, YOU FUCKING NEWB, ALL THIS COMPLAINING BUT HAVE YOU IMPROVED OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS YOU PLAYED? NO, YOU ONLY LAG MORE, FUCKING NOOB.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM OF THIS ZONE AND MANY LIKE YOU. ONLY TALK ABOUT THIS AND THAT BUT YOU STILL PLAY LIKE A FUCKING NOOB. YOU SHOULD GET MORE ACTIVE AND PRACTICE, DONT BE LIKE OTHERS AND TRY TO TAG ALONG AND HYPE YOURSELF UP WHILE YOU CANT KEEP UP VS REAL PRO FLAGGERS.

YOURE A DIZEASE TO THE ZONE AND THE GAME, YOUR WEAK MENTALLITY SPREADS LIKE A VIRUS. YOU ARE JUST ANOTHER POEM ZX. YOU GET CRUSHED BY REAL PROS BECAUSE YOU CANT DO SHIT.

YOU THINK THESE VETS RETURNING WILL CHANGE ANYTHING, AFTER I CRUSHED THEM THEY WILL LOG OFF AGAIN.

TO SURVIVE IN THIS GAME YOU NEED TO BECOME BETTER, BECAUSE DICKRIDING WONT HELP ANYMORE SINCE THE ZONE DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS FOR YOU TO GET CARRIED. TOP PLAYERS ARE MORE SPREAD NOW THAN EVER. SO INSTEAD OF ALL THAT ASSKISSING YOU DID WAS POINTLESS BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO CARRY YOUR OWN WEIGHT YOU FUCKING NEWB, YOU SHOULD HAVE PRACCED AND STUDIED THE GAME MORE INSTEAD OF ASSKISSING FOR YEARS AND TRYING TO BECOME FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE WHO DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU WHEN THEY LOGOFF, THAN YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER NOW, PERHAPS A CHALLENGE TO ME, WHICH I WOULD FUCKING LOVE.

NOW YOURE JUST ANOTHER MOSQUITO ON MY WINDSHIELD. GET GOOD OR UNINSTALL LIKE THOSE VETS YOU GREATLY WANT BACK, FUCKING NOOB. STEP UP.

Lol last time i checked i never get carried and also might not be a top tier player but im decent and second i dont lag if im lagging its natural lag i dont force like most of you bitches do. Also im trying to find ways to bring EG to life not complaining go Cry :'(
By Optimal
#519371
what new ways? all you do is make posts. how can you say you dont get carried when clearly everyone knows you get carried. so youre decent you say, but youve been "decent" for many years, when you gonna step up and bring competition to the zone? You tell others to get active but you are almost never on. you dont create games in pub and i never seen you bringing bd, yet you expect others to come back, get active and keep the zone alive so that when you care to give a few hours of your week you can hop on some freq and play.

Sounds like you post al this out of being selfish. you dont care for the zone, you care for your own pleasure, not those of others. thats not a bad thing but stop pretending.

Most of the vets you want back also were only decent like yourself when it mattered, why do you thuink they dont play anymore? because they cant keep up with the pros and are sick of gettin crushed over and over again. i guess they could prac but theyve been playin to long to start praccin again to overcome the best players/squads.

and this is why i say, newer players like YOU need to step up and get better, so we have some competition going on again, youre no use to any squad or freq, youre just a filller and the zone needs more pros. this would bring more quality games and squads, and thus the zone would be more attractive again, because whoever enters will see some ownage pro gameplay instead of newbs tryin to tag along on the better squads and hope for some game time, like you do. you could have joined gum for example and help them out since youre so "decent" but you decided to tag along with a finalist squad and hope you get some game time instead of benchguarding and perhaps a free title.

get active, prac, take other newer players with you in this and surpass the better players or get close to their skills and gameplay. dont tell others to do this while you aint doing it yourself.
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#519381
Congrats. This is now the Ghostbusters vs. Optimal thread. You kids deserve each other.
By CCK
#519394
This has nothing to do with age I started this game 15 years ago, I'm now 30. I still love the game as much as I did 15 years ago. We just need a few different ways of social networking strategies. It's people's attitudes towards the new players that comes in. Usually people download it and play tw right away because of the way the game is set up. What zone would you play?The one with more users or the one with the smaller amount? Answer the more people the better chance of a player going to where the more pilots are. We just need to do something refreshing for the zone that's all. More leagues, more events, more games going on all day, more dueling tournaments = more players. Just my oppinion.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519395
CCK wrote:This has nothing to do with age I started this game 15 years ago, I'm now 30. I still love the game as much as I did 15 years ago. We just need a few different ways of social networking strategies. It's people's attitudes towards the new players that comes in. Usually people download it and play tw right away because of the way the game is set up. What zone would you play?The one with more users or the one with the smaller amount? Answer the more people the better chance of a player going to where the more pilots are. We just need to do something refreshing for the zone that's all. More leagues, more events, more games going on all day, more dueling tournaments = more players. Just my oppinion.
yes thats what i want to see happen but staff are alittle slow.
By Airduster
#519462
Pantha wrote:I always knew baseduel would kill flagging in EG :shock:
lol gg Pantha "The Ancient one" has spoken
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519464
Pantha wrote:I always knew baseduel would kill flagging in EG :shock:
In a way yes but also what really killed pub is mostly staff ruin flaggin specialy for pub. Also no one wants to lead perm squads anymore so thats also another problem.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519465
Pantha wrote:I always knew baseduel would kill flagging in EG :shock:
Also nice to see you back atleast on forums :)
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519466
Optimal wrote:what new ways? all you do is make posts. how can you say you dont get carried when clearly everyone knows you get carried. so youre decent you say, but youve been "decent" for many years, when you gonna step up and bring competition to the zone? You tell others to get active but you are almost never on. you dont create games in pub and i never seen you bringing bd, yet you expect others to come back, get active and keep the zone alive so that when you care to give a few hours of your week you can hop on some freq and play.

Sounds like you post al this out of being selfish. you dont care for the zone, you care for your own pleasure, not those of others. thats not a bad thing but stop pretending.

Most of the vets you want back also were only decent like yourself when it mattered, why do you thuink they dont play anymore? because they cant keep up with the pros and are sick of gettin crushed over and over again. i guess they could prac but theyve been playin to long to start praccin again to overcome the best players/squads.

and this is why i say, newer players like YOU need to step up and get better, so we have some competition going on again, youre no use to any squad or freq, youre just a filller and the zone needs more pros. this would bring more quality games and squads, and thus the zone would be more attractive again, because whoever enters will see some ownage pro gameplay instead of newbs tryin to tag along on the better squads and hope for some game time, like you do. you could have joined gum for example and help them out since youre so "decent" but you decided to tag along with a finalist squad and hope you get some game time instead of benchguarding and perhaps a free title.

get active, prac, take other newer players with you in this and surpass the better players or get close to their skills and gameplay. dont tell others to do this while you aint doing it yourself.
Nice carrie in the EGFT game "Pro" lol
By Optimal
#519470
lol, look who you had with you on attacks the times you got in, and look who i had with me on defense. do the math. i indeed carried, and like i said, you indeed got carried for 3hours.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519474
Optimal wrote:lol, look who you had with you on attacks the times you got in, and look who i had with me on defense. do the math. i indeed carried, and like i said, you indeed got carried for 3hours.
I guess i got carried not looking at stats so blind
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519477
Optimal wrote:lol, look who you had with you on attacks the times you got in, and look who i had with me on defense. do the math. i indeed carried, and like i said, you indeed got carried for 3hours.
your lucky trance was rusty as fuck we be plow all over you.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519480
Optimal wrote:man youre stupid as fuck.
YOUR A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND !
By Airduster
#519498
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wNfjAEM.jpg
I wouldn't use this as evidence of activity. I manually started, sustained, and made that game. Such manual intervention methods are not a sustainable way to create/maintain activity for the zone.

Also look, Rolly on dat glank mon (Freq 0 inside joke)
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519610
Airduster wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wNfjAEM.jpg
I wouldn't use this as evidence of activity. I manually started, sustained, and made that game. Such manual intervention methods are not a sustainable way to create/maintain activity for the zone.

Also look, Rolly on dat glank mon (Freq 0 inside joke)
Why dont you play more now adays and create those great pub games you use to do. Ive been playing alot more pub lately. I miss lagger and renegade they did the same thing also T(Oo)N.
By Airduster
#519618
GhostBusters wrote:
Airduster wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wNfjAEM.jpg
I wouldn't use this as evidence of activity. I manually started, sustained, and made that game. Such manual intervention methods are not a sustainable way to create/maintain activity for the zone.

Also look, Rolly on dat glank mon (Freq 0 inside joke)
Why dont you play more now adays and create those great pub games you use to do. Ive been playing alot more pub lately. I miss lagger and renegade they did the same thing also T(Oo)N.


It is not the job of the players to start games manually because the settings don't naturally (automatically) sustain the continuous momentum of a flagging game. If it is any1's job to start games manually it is the job of e.g staff. If I or some one else does the job for them in a way you bail out their laziness and incompetency because they consistently see "activity" and incorrectly believe that some how they were the ones that created it. It is like going to the post office and being sick and tired of waiting in line so you decide to take over 1 of the cash registers yourself while the workers who are not doing their jobs are sitting in the back chatting and laughing.

So... for the reasons stated above I refuse to do their job for them and I don't think anyone else should either. Let them take personal responsibility and be accountable to the zone for their actions (or rather inaction) that impacts the zone negatively... aka Let the place rot (along with staff).
By steveh
#519620
There is something funny about people saying "Play more Subspace to keep Subspace alive!" I've been seeing this shit for years.

You're essentially asking people to play a game they are no longer interested in playing in order to keep the game they are no longer interested in playing alive. Am I missing something or is that just fucking ridiculous?

Like Airduster said, it really should not be up to the players to keep the game going. If the game is no longer fun enough to even capture the interest of the vets, how can you expect anyone else to want to play?

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom. There are a number of staff (and non-staff) developers who are doing what they can to save the game, but it's hard to find the motivation to spend countless hours working on something that might not amount to anything.
By Optimal
#519622
Airduster wrote:
GhostBusters wrote:
Airduster wrote:
Wormhole-Surfer wrote:http://i.imgur.com/wNfjAEM.jpg
I wouldn't use this as evidence of activity. I manually started, sustained, and made that game. Such manual intervention methods are not a sustainable way to create/maintain activity for the zone.

Also look, Rolly on dat glank mon (Freq 0 inside joke)
Why dont you play more now adays and create those great pub games you use to do. Ive been playing alot more pub lately. I miss lagger and renegade they did the same thing also T(Oo)N.


It is not the job of the players to start games manually because the settings don't naturally (automatically) sustain the continuous momentum of a flagging game. If it is any1's job to start games manually it is the job of e.g staff. If I or some one else does the job for them in a way you bail out their laziness and incompetency because they consistently see "activity" and incorrectly believe that some how they were the ones that created it. It is like going to the post office and being sick and tired of waiting in line so you decide to take over 1 of the cash registers yourself while the workers who are not doing their jobs are sitting in the back chatting and laughing.

So... for the reasons stated above I refuse to do their job for them and I don't think anyone else should either. Let them take personal responsibility and be accountable to the zone for their actions (or rather inaction) that impacts the zone negatively... aka Let the place rot (along with staff).

very well said.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519684
hopefully steam greenlight pulls threw then we wont have to worry about it.
By DOCOMO
#519687
pub boring.

plz bring new gameplay, objectives, and bots.

As I've said it:
1. Turf Style - Hold flags to gain prizes and points
2. Adjustable Bases - Based on the # of players playing
3. New map for turf
4. New bots (IP Address- VP Evener)
5. Tweak Settings (Remove super, prox, adjust ships to accompany the turf style (2, 4))

Giddy Up Horsey! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519697
DOCOMO wrote:pub boring.

plz bring new gameplay, objectives, and bots.

As I've said it:
1. Turf Style - Hold flags to gain prizes and points
2. Adjustable Bases - Based on the # of players playing
3. New map for turf
4. New bots (IP Address- VP Evener)
5. Tweak Settings (Remove super, prox, adjust ships to accompany the turf style (2, 4))

Giddy Up Horsey! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Sorry but the only thing saving EG is by some miracle everyone starts playing again. Or green light comes save the day or some kind of ether advertisement.
User avatar
By GhostBusters
#519698
Simple advertisement that could of been done could be as simple as making flyers and passing them out of putting them up so where. Or going to some kind of gaming seminar or something. Also maybe burn the game on to disk and hand them out for free.
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#519704
Yes. We should have at least one representative on every college campus in America. We'll be the new Hare Krishnas!
User avatar
By Wormhole-Surfer
#519708
Image

Really awesome 10 on 10 pub game going on right now. It's hard to believe that EG is still so active in 2015.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!