League TBD

Moderators: jaXen, EGDL Management

Which would you prefer?

EGFT
53%
EGFL
47%
By jaXen
I wanted to make a poll of which people would prefer. EGFL or EGFT (extreme games flagging tournament).

EGFC is the league I mentioned before about being EGFL with limits on top tier players per roster. This would allow for people to choose their squads but also prevent stacking. Limit would be per roster and not a limit in game for freq.

Edit: Changed name from EGFC to EGFT since there has been an EGFT in the past.
Last edited by jaXen on April 16th, 2017, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lee
FC approves that name I'm sure. Neither is good, but Egfl should have been sent to trashcan years ago, most boring league possible to host at the moment.

I vote for turf league anyways with egFC rules.
By RaeRae
doomsy wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 4:15 pm
i want lee ideas for tw style with 2 bases top/bottom and static flags in fr. with the egfc player limit.
That would take dev work that I don't think we could get done within a month. But maybe we can look into it after this league.
By jaXen
Lee wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 3:40 pm
FC approves that name I'm sure. Neither is good, but Egfl should have been sent to trashcan years ago, most boring league possible to host at the moment.

I vote for turf league anyways with egFC rules.

What was the turf idea again?
By Lee
RaeRae wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 4:17 pm
doomsy wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 4:15 pm
i want lee ideas for tw style with 2 bases top/bottom and static flags in fr. with the egfc player limit.
That would take dev work that I don't think we could get done within a month. But maybe we can look into it after this league.
By Lee
Dev work was done a few years ago by toothrot.
By Lee
2 ideas really. Just use a short base with static flag in fr. First team to hold 20 mins total wins. Can be played from 4v4 to 10v10.
Second idea is to have 2 bases, both with 3 static flags in front mid fr to represent area control. Team to hold more flag time after X minutes wins. More complex and probably needs at least 6v6.
By RaeRae
If you two (lee and doomsy) want to think up how exactly this'll be played and want to coordinate it after egfl/egfc I'd be delighted to have you and would support this new league 100%. But since this is Afghan's coordinator picks, we're going to move forward with what he's given us.
By GAZ!
RaeRae wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 4:41 pm
If you two (lee and doomsy) want to think up how exactly this'll be played and want to coordinate it after egfl/egfc I'd be delighted to have you and would support this new league 100%. But since this is Afghan's coordinator picks, we're going to move forward with what he's given us.
Im willing to help with Lee's idea after egfl/egfc.
By jaXen
EEL wrote:
April 16th, 2017, 6:33 pm
I would like to know who's voting for egfc/egfl... feel free to share your vote....
I voted egfc.
By Unlimited
I vote egfc just because of the tiers, egfl everyone just stacks? with egfc squad leaders will have to be smart with who they recruit instead of just recruiting the best. Look at this past league? super fun having to have a low tier in game. MAYBE even make it so when squads match? they have the option to 10v10. Will 10v10 happen? maybe, maybe not.. but at least the option is there and it will make players more active especially newbs because obviously more players get play time.
By Lee
As ive said before. Egfl as format should have been retired years ago. It was for real squads to determine which are better. We have not had real squads in EG for years.
By GAZ!
Lee wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 12:15 am
As ive said before. Egfl as format should have been retired years ago. It was for real squads to determine which are better. We have not had real squads in EG for years.
This.
By TheCript
voted egfl
By Omega Red
"Egfl" or any variation of it is dead. Why are we hosting old format leagues that aren't viable anymore given the current state of the zone?
By dreownsu
i would rather play egdl.
By GAZ!
dreownsu wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 7:51 pm
i would rather play egdl.
Apparently there were 6 draft leagues in a row.. Pretty sure draft is going to follow this league
By dreownsu
well i dont see a point in having "egfl" with limiting the "top" pilots per squad. if you want the teams to be more even/competitive you might as well just host egdl in my opinion.
By RaeRae
I see these "limitations" as being a good experiment. If it works, sweet. If it's not something we should do next year, fine. But it's something a little different. Only one way to find out if it works!
By PAT
I think I'm going to make a few forum accounts like infamous is doing to vote for the option i want. lol.
By PAT
dreownsu wrote:
April 18th, 2017, 1:27 pm
well i dont see a point in having "egfl" with limiting the "top" pilots per squad. if you want the teams to be more even/competitive you might as well just host egdl in my opinion.
By PAT
Lee wrote:
Tbh I think this is just how you view EGFL. Of course you view it as a long running squad vs long running squad competition because that is how you have always seen it. But some others may view it as exactly how it says it in the name. Extreme Games Flagging League. Players forming together with their friends and playing 8v8 flagging.

People clearly still love flagging as a whole way better than the rest of EG thats why egdl thrives still. I think EG just needs more top tier leaders for EGFL to thrive again because it will spread out the top tier players on its own. (Lee/Monty/Unlim make a squad), bacons squad, my squad, eels squad, doomsy/attack mode squad, bat/mini/magic bus squad sounds relatively even and like a fun league (besides the latter two ofc)
By Lee
PAT wrote:
April 19th, 2017, 1:44 am
Lee wrote:
Tbh I think this is just how you view EGFL. Of course you view it as a long running squad vs long running squad competition because that is how you have always seen it. But some others may view it as exactly how it says it in the name. Extreme Games Flagging League. Players forming together with their friends and playing 8v8 flagging.

People clearly still love flagging as a whole way better than the rest of EG thats why egdl thrives still. I think EG just needs more top tier leaders for EGFL to thrive again because it will spread out the top tier players on its own. (Lee/Monty/Unlim make a squad), bacons squad, my squad, eels squad, doomsy/attack mode squad, bat/mini/magic bus squad sounds relatively even and like a fun league (besides the latter two ofc)
Sure, then again EG does not have any flagging left anymore outside leagues, so choosing the most boring format out of them all makes no sense to me.
By Johnson
EGFT is a good idea, however the concept is flawed simply by having some form of rating. Take the current league for example. the rating system means a whole TIER of players will most likely never play a game.

Players like myself will always pull the short straw in leagues like this, not good enough to play as a good mid tier, not shit enough to be a low tier, aka won't play. I came back to EG for the simple reason of enjoying playing in EGDL. Having the opportunity to play games makes people want to come back, and these tier systems prevent that from happening for a lot of middle or low high tier players. We need to get that right before hosting a league.
By PAT
Not to mention it also forces players to not join squads with their friends. Why not have a max number of top tier players that can play in the match? Why does it have to be a max number of top tiers on the actual squad?
By jaXen
Johnson wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 3:25 pm
EGFT is a good idea, however the concept is flawed simply by having some form of rating. Take the current league for example. the rating system means a whole TIER of players will most likely never play a game.

Players like myself will always pull the short straw in leagues like this, not good enough to play as a good mid tier, not shit enough to be a low tier, aka won't play. I came back to EG for the simple reason of enjoying playing in EGDL. Having the opportunity to play games makes people want to come back, and these tier systems prevent that from happening for a lot of middle or low high tier players. We need to get that right before hosting a league.
No matter what, some people will always get "screwed" out of play time. With VPs a certain group doesn't get a chance to play. With ratings, certain people don't play. With a straight up league with no ratings, some people don't play. There is no perfect system that would allow every single person to play.
PAT wrote:
April 25th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Not to mention it also forces players to not join squads with their friends. Why not have a max number of top tier players that can play in the match? Why does it have to be a max number of top tiers on the actual squad?
The point is to have more "top" squads that can compete for a title making the league more interesting. It is to try to get people to not just sit on the bench for a squad when they could make a competitive squad out of the benchers. Unfortunately, I cannot force people to make a squad so this plan may not work itself out.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!