SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

User avatar
By EEL
#524949
Just proposing a new idea for the current situation we have going on.


What standings are done by most "EGFL Wins" and if any squad has the same record then the tie breaker could be settled by the amount of "Points".


For example if SquadA/SquadB have the same rec at the end of the season then the tiebreaker will be the amount of points, as it was with average times in previous years.


No trolling... I could just add the rule but i want to ask around first. Thoughts?
By pocho
#524951
EEL wrote:Just proposing a new idea for the current situation we have going on.

What standings are done by most "EGFL Wins" and if any squad has the same record then the tie breaker could be settled by the amount of "Points".

For example if SquadA/SquadB have the same rec at the end of the season then the tiebreaker will be the amount of points, as it was with average times in previous years.

No trolling... I could just add the rule but i want to ask around first. Thoughts?
This idea of urs changes the league mechanic a bit too much dont u think?
Im in for a change but a more subtle one.
Something like further increasing and decreasing pts of some stuff and making things more simple, example: each scheduled weekend egfl match win = (100-150) pts, 3mil jp win in pub by squad that has the required amount of people = 1 pt, 6mil = 2pts, 10mil=3pts, and new 15mil=5pts, squad with more (pub)points at end of the reset = 10 pts, top 3 players will earn their squads 5pts,3pts and 2pts respectively. Remove every other point generating factor not mentioned, this will make that egfl points earned in pub along season will at best only count as 1 egfl weekend scheduled match win. You are the one that cuts the cake tho!
By jaXen
#524952
I actually thought that's how it should've been done originally. I don't know if it's too late to make changes now though because I think that's a pretty significant change in how things will shake up. I still believe standings will work out to where pub games didn't cause any drastic change in standings but I guess only time will tell.
By pocho
#524954
jaXen wrote:I actually thought that's how it should've been done originally. I don't know if it's too late to make changes now though because I think that's a pretty significant change in how things will shake up. I still believe standings will work out to where pub games didn't cause any drastic change in standings but I guess only time will tell.
yea, a bit late now for any changes. but i suppose another egfl will be on its way after this one? hope they dont make us disolve squads by hosting a egdl.
By PAT
#524956
It's too late to change rules to favor Grid again. The league is almost in the playoff stage, I disagree to change rules. Apply them to the next league.
By Tryo
#524959
Seeding problems with the messed up point system has been known for the past two weeks and brought up numerous times. It benefits Grid only if they go undefeated which both Insonic and Acid has an opportunity to do something about since they have to play them. Everyone knows that seeding should be based on Sunday wins and league matches and not pub activity. Rather than rely on pub points beat Grid on Sunday and prevent them from being top seed. Let squad vs squad play determine seeding and not some work around with pub points.
By Optimal
#524962
Rule changes in leagues have always been urgent only in the past, ever since Eel is leagueop hes always been tryin to change rules during the league which is pretty weird and looks like a form off abuse. besides that, seeding would not matter much in this league, so that makes this a rather useless change that like said in thread only benefits a small part of league and leaves others with more challenges.

I can see why Eel picked monty to work with lol. Imo they should both get removed as they are tryin to trick us into losing more advantages while they gain some.
By jaXen
#524974
pocho wrote:kinda amazed how sb and fin cant spit a post on this forum without a poisonous comment
It's not really amazing that sb is nothing but negative and immature as he always has been. You would think he's been hitting puberty the entire 10 years he's been playing ss.
By PAT
#524985
Lol yeah, I would understand if this is beginning of league. But we are to the point where rosters just locked. We should not change any rules. And don't worry, Acid and Insonic will both beat you guys tryo. So you guys should focus on winning 4th place over 420 and legacy, not worrying about your wins seeding you higher.

Or hell, just get more active in the pub and get points like the rest of us. Or quit putting players like h4b who never agreed to even be on your squad lol.
By Tryo
#524986
If you are so confident you will beat us then why not change it so if we go undefeated you will give us top seed. As I said both Acid and Insonic have a chance to prevent it from happening. Otherwise we are locked in 2nd or 3rd seed to play Acid in first round of playoffs and no point in even showing following 2 weeks.
By Monty Python
#524991
EEL wrote:New rule is effective and playoffs will be best out of three.

So points we earn in pub for egfl dont count anymore but will be safed in case it is needed as tiebreaker? And also now playoffs are best of three? Its a bit sad that we fought for nothing the last weeks by now. And the change really only benefits Grid from my perspective. Or am i getting something very wrong here?
By jaXen
#524992
Can't we just say fuck what eel says and keep it the way it is? Every squad leader on here said keep it the same so why not just remove eel from being op.
User avatar
By EEL
#524994
Every team has an equal chance of getting Wins on EGFL Sunday, although not every team has an equal chance of gaining massive points per pub.


This is EGFL where games on sundays is what counts, we made the mistake of trying to change what has been working in EG. How would this benefit only Grid? Because you think we will go undefeated?

And no Jaxen sorry but no if you dont like it dont play simple as that.


P.S haha cmon Acid is the best squad in egfl and will beat everyone right. :cry:
By Monty Python
#524995
EEL wrote:Every team has an equal chance of getting Wins on EGFL Sunday, although not every team has an equal chance of gaining massive points per pub.


This is EGFL where games on sundays is what counts, we made the mistake of trying to change what has been working in EG. How would this benefit only Grid? Because you think we will go undefeated?

And no Jaxen sorry but no if you dont like it dont play simple as that.


P.S haha cmon Acid is the best squad in egfl and will beat everyone right. :cry:
1. Well first of all it only benefits Grid couse Grid is the only squad that hasnt yet gained much egfl points while still making it to playoffs, and when i understand u right - you havent answered my post above yet - now not egfl points but just the sunday wins influence the seeding, then this deletes the disadvantage Grid has had so far from not winning pub points. Right? Not to speak of the plans squads made that are just not possible anymore.

2. Not that I want to overthrow you. But if ppl wanna do it, they just do it - you dont get a call in it lol. Cute try tho:)

3. acid has the most big names together on roster. They yet have to prove if their teamplay is really so good.

4. Its not like it bothers me big time, but im curious, why this changes suddently? You give in muggys pressure/blackmail that he and half grid wont play if league stays the same? Couse last time i checked you said there wont be changes half way in league.. and now violate this thru without really talking about it. This thread feels like a farce.
User avatar
By EEL
#524996
Dont worry monty you will get your chance to run the league very soon, decision is final.

The rule benefits a squad that will go undefeated beating the squads that are in EGFL, or benefits the squads with most wins in EGFL GAMES. Because this is EGFL.. The rule doesn't benefit grid because we are not undefeated.. The rule will only benefit the team that has the most wins.

Now if you and Insonic feel threatened i completely understand but i'm not making the decision as a squadleader. The decision is being made as a league op. Like i said be patient and you will have your time to run the next few leagues.
User avatar
By EEL
#524997
pocho wrote:kinda amazed how sb and fin cant spit a post on this forum without a poisonous comment
What do you expect? lol
User avatar
By dreownsu
#525000
Monty Python wrote:
EEL wrote:New rule is effective and playoffs will be best out of three.

So points we earn in pub for egfl dont count anymore but will be safed in case it is needed as tiebreaker? And also now playoffs are best of three? Its a bit sad that we fought for nothing the last weeks by now. And the change really only benefits Grid from my perspective. Or am i getting something very wrong here?
rofl you cant say do this, and then half way through the league say it does not count for anything. Every squad had equal opportunity to get points.
User avatar
By dreownsu
#525001
also dont see how a rule change can come into effect when 4/6 leaders are against it. Dont know where doomsy stands on this, but even with him you have less than 50% of the vote.
By inFamous
#525002
why are the EGFL rules being modified on multiple occasions to assist the squad Grid? which consists of alot of the League Ops?
By jaXen
#525003
EEL wrote:Every team has an equal chance of getting Wins on EGFL Sunday, although not every team has an equal chance of gaining massive points per pub.


This is EGFL where games on sundays is what counts, we made the mistake of trying to change what has been working in EG. How would this benefit only Grid? Because you think we will go undefeated?

And no Jaxen sorry but no if you dont like it dont play simple as that.


P.S haha cmon Acid is the best squad in egfl and will beat everyone right. :cry:
I don't have any beef with you eel but c'mon dude. For 4 of the 6 weeks these rules have been in effect and all of a sudden you act like it is so unfair. Every squad does have an equal chance of getting points in pub by just playing. It makes no sense that a squad doesn't have a fair chance at pub points. The argument of inactivity is invalid because you chose to add inactive players to your roster. The rule change doesn't bother me one bit but it's the lack of integrity of the league that bothers me. I think the standings will shake up how they are supposed to anyway since Grid has yet to play Acid or Insonic.

Also to add: The same 4 squads will be in the playoffs anyways so in the end the pub points aren't going to effect who qualifies so why change the rules? The best squad will still have to win when it counts squad versus squad. The only difference will be which one of the three top squads will have to only beat one top squad to win the championship.
User avatar
By dreownsu
#525005
jaXen wrote:
Also to add: The same 4 squads will be in the playoffs anyways so in the end the pub points aren't going to effect who qualifies so why change the rules? The best squad will still have to win when it counts squad versus squad. The only difference will be which one of the three top squads will have to only beat one top squad to win the championship.
The only thing that will change is grid can be #1 or #2, and in both scenarios they can pick game time for the playoffs.
By minister
#525007
awesome job with the league so far eel besides the few hiccups and changes to the rules (not sarcasm), however these last changes proposed seem unfair, are you going to be deducting the few points we already earned as a squad? and only count them in the RARE event of a tie? this shouldnt be allowed to go through because squads have already spent time and effort playing by by YOUR rules, and these were the rules we signed up to play by?

this change shouldnt be allowed to go through but if it is you should let the points earned by squads stand and only points earned from HERE ON OUT count towards tie-breakers. hoping im misinterpretting your rule changes and we didnt waste time trying to collect pub points
By Optimal
#525008
out of 6 squads, ony players from 2 squads vote for this change, so why is it still going ? Can you just stop abusing for once eel. these kids callin me immature while they support abuse and cheating, how can you be so ignorant to your own idiocy. I dont say these things cause i want to say them, you make me say them with your newb behavior and then you get mad for gettin called out on a fact which makes you even more retarded.

I alrdy didnt want to play another league if eel was league op but i wanted to give it another chance, seeing as he dq'd his own squaddies i thought he finaly matured, but knowing eel he did it for selfish reasons.
By PAT
#525017
Remove all squads from the league that disagree with these rule changes. Oh you'll only end up having one squad left, AKA grid. skin poser just gtfo and go take care of your child you pathetic dirt skinned fgt
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!