There was an idea to change egradio to have only scheduled shows in 2005.
There could be benefits for this including:
- higher quality talk shows
- guarenteed hours of operation
There could however also be problems with this idea.
While the radio hosts could try to be online at the same time each week, it may not be possible.
- EG is a space filler to real life activities
- It isn't exactly easy to plan a fresh, new and interesting show each week
We're trying to think of how best to run the service. Ad hoc radio hosting, or planned hosting.
What are your thoughts on how egradio should work in 2005?
- I think most people agree that talk about EG is more interesting to hear than music you don't like streaming at 24kpbs.
- You may have tuned in once or twice, and been dissapointed at the music you heard, never to tune in again.
Again i repeat, due to reality, the service will never be on 100% of the time. It may also never be interesting 100% of the time.
What the egradio team goal is, is to have an interesting audio complement to EG, during peak EG playing times. That is what we can realistically achieve..
now post your comments plz