SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Schedules, download recorded shows & discussion. Address: radio.extreme-games.net
By primetime*
It seems there are very few people who give 2 shits about egradio anymore.

Here is a list of what i think needs to be done:

1) Get someone ACTIVE in charge of egradio
Fact of the matter is that USS is too inactive and does not host. EGradio has been crippled for the last month because we have an inactive person in charge.

Examples of the service being crippled: no new DJs being hired, only 2 active Djs have access to the "private DJ forum". Only the person in charge of EG radio can fix this.

I do NOT want to be in charge. Someone from the US timezone like Babo or Riddler would be ideal.

2) Hire new DJs
There's lots of people like moero and leraldo who want to host. But again, they're not being accepted and the service is unavailable, while the person in charge of EG radio is inactive.

Why start a thread saying "interested in hosting?"... when in reality you're not going to do anything about it?

Why be so anal about who is on the air? I remember when I got persecuted for letting someone on skype talk on radio.... wow.

3) Remove inactive DJs from chat
Inactive DJs should leave the private DJ chat. It doesnt mean anything in reality, but it means a lot symbolically.

4) Inactive DJs should host
Why stop? Is it really that hard to continue? Real life things to attend to? Tell someone and leave chat then.

We had over 55 people listen the other day, which is really good for our zone. Things like radio bring people closer together. It's the one place where the hate is finally removed.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a shame we can't do more with the service. EG radio will NEVER be 100% on or 100% interesting.. but at the moment it's a joke.. it's hardly ever utilised.

Can we do something about this. Or how about we just let it die?
By king
It's the one place where the hate is finally removed.
hahaha
By USS
primetime* wrote:It seems there are very few people who give 2 shits about egradio anymore.

Here is a list of what i think needs to be done:

1) Get someone ACTIVE in charge of egradio
Fact of the matter is that USS is too inactive and does not host. EGradio has been crippled for the last month because we have an inactive person in charge.

To answer this.. WE were both incharged of this since Thanatos told me, so don't put everything on me why the Radio hasnt been hosted. Also try working 46hrs in 2 days, then finding out while driving on a freeway your breaks give out.

Examples of the service being crippled: no new DJs being hired, only 2 active Djs have access to the "private DJ forum". Only the person in charge of EG radio can fix this.

I do NOT want to be in charge. Someone from the US timezone like Babo or Riddler would be ideal.

2) Hire new DJs
There's lots of people like moero and leraldo who want to host. But again, they're not being accepted and the service is unavailable, while the person in charge of EG radio is inactive.

Well thats why you are here as well to hire people. Remember when we discussed it that you were going to start hiring people? Well i told you I wasn't going to argue with you on this, and you had powers to hire people.

Why start a thread saying "interested in hosting?"... when in reality you're not going to do anything about it?

I thought i would have time to GET people to host, but when i found out my new schedule for this holiday season, i haven't been able to come online at all to actually do something

Why be so anal about who is on the air? I remember when I got persecuted for letting someone on skype talk on radio.... wow.

I thought we had already talked about this. I wasn't going to get in the way of your Getting people to host. I had no problem with it since we had discussed it. Also thats why i haven't been hiring people because i would send people to you, cause i thought that you were doing the hiring.

3) Remove inactive DJs from chat
Inactive DJs should leave the private DJ chat. It doesnt mean anything in reality, but it means a lot symbolically.

Go ahead hire new Host who are willing to take some time out of their lives to give to the community. I don't really mind, i have no idea why you brought this up here.

4) Inactive DJs should host
Why stop? Is it really that hard to continue? Real life things to attend to? Tell someone and leave chat then.

if people can't host then you should look for someone else to host during those times. Like you said theres alot of people who want to host. Then start hiring if i can't do it because of my work schedule. I have 2 jobs and go to school full time.

We had over 55 people listen the other day, which is really good for our zone. Things like radio bring people closer together. It's the one place where the hate is finally removed.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a shame we can't do more with the service. EG radio will NEVER be 100% on or 100% interesting.. but at the moment it's a joke.. it's hardly ever utilised.

Like i told you, i wont get in your way if you want to hire new hosts, or have different ideas for the radio so it wont die. I would love to be on Subspace 24/7 that keep the radio going as much i can. I would put my whole time on it. I swear but right now, i can't really dedicate my time, cause i have no time to dedicate it til the beginning of next year, when i have moer time left out.

Can we do something about this. Or how about we just let it die?

Every person that has been involved with the radio has worked hard to keep it alive. Do what you can right now with it, hire new people, new faces, new shows, etc. I would do anything to have some free time to give to the radio right now. I can do so much just coming on late at night when i get out of work around 10pm pst - 1am pst. I would try to give alittle more time with it. But i have asked for your help several times. So i'm asking for your help again with this.

- USS

[/b]
By king
radio, when it started up for the second time, was a success in the beginning because people wanted to hear people's voices, wanted shoutouts, requests etc etc. but that got boring after a while, hearing the same voices, and people wanted more. primetime's show got popular because he started doing stuff that hadnt been done before, and gave the whole thing a professional "look".

now, people want more again.
By primetime*
Although it probably comes out that way, I didnt mean to get personal with USS. Sorry if this is the case, and of course real life comes first.

I'm not asking for too much more committment, just the ability to be 'unrestricted'.

Its worthwhile seeing the problems and successes that Trenchwars radio has. They are quite a few months ahead of us:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=13884

I completely agree that we need to be realistic about what radio can and can't do. Yes there will be peak times, and always times when no one wants to listen, and when it sounds boring. But it doesnt mean we can't try to do more.

The problem so far has been that there is enthusiasm out there, but bottlenecks ahead which have stopped this enthusiam from turning into reality. Hopefully we can work it out.

Again sorry to USS for the personal tone of the original message.
By Thanatos
Sorry but primetime is in charge for the EG radio (or egRADIO ?!) alone now. Gotta try someone else before it dies. Thanks for the effort though.
By Guest
SQUAD BIASMENT
By Pot
heh primetime got what he want after bitching and whining about it
By GAZ!
I think Uss took it too personal
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!