SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Who will take home the ring?

Snake
6
46%
Provoke
7
54%
By lv
#516875
Snake

GM: Omega Red - 7

Caps:
BOMBED/lvls - 8
Poem ZX - 7

Azuline - 5
Baptism - 5
Barbar - 5
Bodmeduser - 6
Bought - 3
Caffrey - 5
Camshaft - 5
Chicago - 5
CRIMINAL-PLAYER - 5
DarkKnight25 - 6
Good Night/Blood Line - 7
Groan - 5
Jerome - 3
Konan - 6
Lounger - 6
MJB - 5
muGGy - 9
Funny - 3
Punishment/Abuser - 6
TRANNYSAURUS REX - 7


Provoke

GM:
Eel - 7

Caps:
Kuppaaja - 8
Tryo - 7

07 - 3
Avoider - 3
Cust - 9
devy - 3
Dwood - 5
gh0sted - 6
Grower - 6
Honeybee - 6
Hoontar - 7
Kate Upton - 9
Mattyoung - 6
Monty Python - 7
Pants - 6
Renowned - 7
Sin - 7
Suicide - 6
TheCript - 7
Ubu - 4
Unlimited - 7
Zasz - 3
User avatar
By mattyoung
#516877
Provoke, lossless and their home never under much threat should win.. Provoke has stronger tiered players and far fewer low-mid VPs. So as long as Provoke gets the balance right they should be fine. Snake can just about make any freq, making this game very close. But as Snake has fewer win makers Provoke should hold out.
Last edited by mattyoung on December 15th, 2014, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By poemZX_
#516883
HYU wrote:oh man omega vs eel, former GRID squaddies, now facing each other, WHO WILL PREVAIL
correction... poem vs eel - omega is a none factor, sorry omar
User avatar
By Omega Red
#516884
poemZX_ wrote:
HYU wrote:oh man omega vs eel, former GRID squaddies, now facing each other, WHO WILL PREVAIL
correction... poem vs eel - omega is a none factor, sorry omar

Its ok, i have been really busy and you and bombed have taken the team into the right direction.

As far as Provoke there is only one player that concerns us as far as his unpredictability, but everything else equal it maybe be a gridlock type game where endurance and depth will matter. Both squads have players capable of playing at a high level for extended times but i believe Snake has more depth than Provoke. I also believe we have the best 3 vp in the league and also the top two 5 vps in the game (groan, azuline).

Considering this, Provoke is full of proven champions, but so is Snake. Both teams are equal in this sense, and as we saw with Sitaution Cs and Reapers breakdown that a strong champions mentality is important to grind out a win and move into the higher level of competition.

Theres been a growing rivalry between these two squads all season long in Grid chat. It is only fitting that the final will be decided by two groups of friends in a battle to the death. I dont know who will win but i can say that my team is hungry for blood and are ready to murder the opposition and claim another title
User avatar
By Lee
#516889
Predicted final in the end, most of it has been said already, i think ursa factor will eventually give win to Provoke.
By poemZX_
#516892
Azela wrote:Snake have been quite awful all season, quite a big portion of good luck has brought them to the final, where, unless they improve massively, they will most likely lose to Provoke. Provoke have also played below what I expected, it's been a strange season, but my money would be on Provoke.

I disagree with Lee and his "ursa factor" I think that Renowned will have a far greater impact on the game. Also with players like Hoont, Kuppa, and Ursa, I'm convinced that it will be too much for Snake, who only have Bombed (playing below his normal lvl), Bog (who hardly ever shows) and Muggy (who is over rated and also playing below his normal lvl).
Challenge accepted.
User avatar
By EEL
#516894
poemZX_ wrote:
Azela wrote:Snake have been quite awful all season, quite a big portion of good luck has brought them to the final, where, unless they improve massively, they will most likely lose to Provoke. Provoke have also played below what I expected, it's been a strange season, but my money would be on Provoke.

I disagree with Lee and his "ursa factor" I think that Renowned will have a far greater impact on the game. Also with players like Hoont, Kuppa, and Ursa, I'm convinced that it will be too much for Snake, who only have Bombed (playing below his normal lvl), Bog (who hardly ever shows) and Muggy (who is over rated and also playing below his normal lvl).
Challenge accepted.
:lol:
User avatar
By EEL
#516897
HYU wrote:oh man omega vs eel, former GRID squaddies, now facing each other, WHO WILL PREVAIL
Student VS Teacher. We all know who usually wins these. Seriously this is much bigger then individual names much love and respect for omega red. Meeting in finals was never a doubt and it will be a good game. I don't think Lee knows what he's talking about.
User avatar
By Lee
#516901
Renowned may serve the best average performance per game and be a beast, but in tight games like this it often takes some individual brilliance to decide the victory. I think Ursa has been and most probably still is the best pilot in eg to perform those.

Bases in this league were really tight and equal teams most probably should not have issues holding them decently. Provoke ties in main season show that as well, most probably they would have also tied vs despise if despise didnt risk it and decided to full attack. So winning a game is much more likely with anchor choking or someone making him choke. Other factor that will eventually determine the winner is stamina and how strong bench is and how balanced are the options to bring players in.
In any case i do think Provoke has an edge.
By DOCOMO
#516951
CONGRATULATIONS TO SNAKE FOR WINNING THE 2014B EGDL CHAMPIONSHIP! :shock: 8) :lol: :mad: :razz: :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :neutral: :mrgreen:
Code: Select all
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|          Winners     Jackpot(   3802368)    Game Time:00h 27m 44s                                   |
|           Name         Squad    W    L  TK   G     R  FL  FK  FS  FD    FT      DT      DG   AT  ATT|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Groan           Snake           57    3  10   0 11.75   4   0  20  16   325   11847  194692    6  220|
|poem ZX         Snake          130   78   6   0  1.57   0   0   0   0     0  212408  340703   84   92|
|BOGmeduser      snake          164  120   5   0  1.31   0   0   0   0     0  294830  427619  132  157|
|DarkKnight25    Snake          153  212   3   0  0.70   0   1   0   1     0  472506  323754  238   95|
|lvls            Snake          143  149   0   0  0.95   0   0   0   0     0  387367  317839  159   54|
|muGGy           snAKE          125  195   3   0  0.62   1   0   1   0    11  478004  307254  211  121|
|BLOOD LINE      SNAKE           79    4   8   0 14.20   0   0   4   4   284   15044  292424    7  183|
|bought          snake          138  145   3   0  0.92   0   0   0   0     0  349128  342750  165   80|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                           Losers                                                    |
|           Name         Squad    W    L  TK   G     R  FL  FK  FS  FD    FT      DT      DG   AT  ATT|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|eel             Provoke        107  139   0   0  0.76   0   0   0   0     0  387708  267524  145  155|
|Devy            Provoke        104  184   1   0  0.56   0   0   0   0     0  465451  240974  218   46|
|Kuppaaja        Provoke        155  182   2   0  0.84   0   0   0   0     0  453358  362153  193  119|
|Hoontar         Provoke        134  145   1   0  0.91   0   0   0   0     0  372156  312208  162  103|
|Tryo            Provoke         98    0  19   0 79.00   0   0   6   6   472    6096  318101    4  292|
|Renowned        provoke        170  136   3   0  1.22   0   4   0   4   212  347380  341033  143  119|
|mattyoung       Provoke         80  163   1   0  0.48   1   1   0   0    31  403897  209336  183   92|
|honeybee        provoke         56   38   9   0  1.21   0   0   6   6   268  100923  159739   44  166|
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Highest Rated: Tryo (98/0)
Most Kills: Renowned (170)
Most Deaths: DarkKnight25 (212)
Most TeamKills: Tryo (19)
Most Flags Lost by Deaths: Groan (4)
Most Flags Aquired by Kills: Renowned (4)
Most Flags Scavanged: Groan (20)
Most Flags Successfully Dropped: Groan (16)
Most Flag Time: Tryo (472 Seconds)
Most Kill Points: Tryo (25964 Points)
Most Koth Points: Tryo (1 Koths, 580800 Points)
Most Damage Given: BOGmeduser (427619) w/l:(164/120)
Most Damage Taken: muGGy (478004) w/l:(125/195)
Most Greens: honeybee (202)
Highest Bounty: Tryo (861)
Most Attaches: DarkKnight25 (238)
Most Attached To: Tryo (292)
Final Jackpot: 3.380m Points
User avatar
By Lee
#516954
no ursa no party?
By TheCript
#516955
Lee wrote:no ursa no party?
tryo warped to center as mfr....for some reason
By DarkKnight25
#516965
Seemed pretty easy for Snake.
1st 5 minutes of game was fun fighting for 2nd ball (Provoke had control of first ball) Snake eventually got control of 2nd ball and started attack.

Seems like Snake was in control most of game. (Though I was not at Home)

next 5 minutes of game, we pushed hard and fast at nme... I got ball from Tryo but his swings killed me before I could escape and all my help at nme disappeared.

After that... Snake's control at Provokes base pushed to 60% pretty quickly then bounced back between 50% & 60%.
It was a very nice attack with Muggy / Bog / Myself / Groan (anchor)

Until Tryo disappeared from base (later found out he accidentally warped out of base trying to ball control), we finished off swings, captured there flags.

Held our home base around 80% - 90% until we won in 27 min.

That's the summary from my point of view anyway.

Early in the league Snake had a lot of dumb mistakes that cost us games, but once organized we were a powerful force to be reckoned with.

This time around... Provoke made the mistake in the finals that cost them the championship.

Think it would of been best 2 our of 3.
I would of liked to seen it go on for longer, to see how we would have held out in a long game.

However GG Provoke
Feel free to add or clarify anything.
By Airduster
#516968
Azela wrote:Snake could be the luckiest squad ever to win a league title! Awful play throughout the season, but somehow managing to win. I can only laugh in Eel's general direction due to this being one of the easiest EGDL leagues to win (where most teams underperformed) and he still couldn't get the job done. Har har.

Anyway, congrats to Snake.
Like for real for real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ3PV_P9zcA#t=78
User avatar
By mattyoung
#516969
The game wasn't one sided at all and it was quite equal as provoke's attack was pushing the whole time too although the anchor did die once... The attack pushed to 70% both times. We were at 70% when all our flags were taken and We ended up at 95% but we would have needed up to a minute more to take. The whole season provoke's home hasn't been taken and it was taken last night due to fr warping.

Its a pretty sad league and game if it has to end like this.... Yeah why isn't it out of 3 games?
User avatar
By Lee
#516972
mattyoung wrote:The game wasn't one sided at all and it was quite equal as provoke's attack was pushing the whole time too although the anchor did die once... The attack pushed to 70% both times. We were at 70% when all our flags were taken and We ended up at 95% but we would have needed up to a minute more to take. The whole season provoke's home hasn't been taken and it was taken last night due to fr warping.

Its a pretty sad league and game if it has to end like this.... Yeah why isn't it out of 3 games?
EGDL never has been out of 3 games, which is why it is still fairly popular league and people bother playing it (there is certain element of surprise there always and winner cannot be predicted straight from beginning). Also egdl finals have been won with weird moves or chokes before, which makes them even more memorable, tough luck for losers though :(
User avatar
By Lee
#516973
Azela wrote:Snake could be the luckiest squad ever to win a league title! Awful play throughout the season, but somehow managing to win. I can only laugh in Eel's general direction due to this being one of the easiest EGDL leagues to win (where most teams underperformed) and he still couldn't get the job done. Har har.

Anyway, congrats to Snake.
I have to say snake managed to pull themselves together when it mattered. Their main season was pretty awful and if it werent for luck they probably could have even dropped from playoffs, but yea ever since that last round in main season they have been pretty solid adn they were initially the biggest favorites to begin with anyways.
By poemZX_
#516974
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:Snake could be the luckiest squad ever to win a league title! Awful play throughout the season, but somehow managing to win. I can only laugh in Eel's general direction due to this being one of the easiest EGDL leagues to win (where most teams underperformed) and he still couldn't get the job done. Har har.

Anyway, congrats to Snake.
I have to say snake managed to pull themselves together when it mattered. Their main season was pretty awful and if it werent for luck they probably could have even dropped from playoffs, but yea ever since that last round in main season they have been pretty solid adn they were initially the biggest favorites to begin with anyways.
Either you guys are blind or you just did not watch our last 4 games of the season. Describing our play as 'awful' or 'lucky' is absolutely ridiculous.
User avatar
By Lee
#517015
poemZX_ wrote:
Lee wrote:
Azela wrote:Snake could be the luckiest squad ever to win a league title! Awful play throughout the season, but somehow managing to win. I can only laugh in Eel's general direction due to this being one of the easiest EGDL leagues to win (where most teams underperformed) and he still couldn't get the job done. Har har.

Anyway, congrats to Snake.
I have to say snake managed to pull themselves together when it mattered. Their main season was pretty awful and if it werent for luck they probably could have even dropped from playoffs, but yea ever since that last round in main season they have been pretty solid adn they were initially the biggest favorites to begin with anyways.
Either you guys are blind or you just did not watch our last 4 games of the season. Describing our play as 'awful' or 'lucky' is absolutely ridiculous.
Are you blind so that you cannot read what i said? I said that from beginning of last game of main season you managed to pull yourselves together. You were lucky that you still had a chance to save your season...
User avatar
By BOGmeduser
#517028
yes ez egdl that shit was an ezpz plow fest

thanks for pointing out that we could pull our shit together and win even when our gm didn't show unlike other these other noob teams, also thanks for reminding us we didn't have a fr that would choke in key games... all add's up to egdl champs i guess
By Renowned
#517058
Lee wrote:
mattyoung wrote:The game wasn't one sided at all and it was quite equal as provoke's attack was pushing the whole time too although the anchor did die once... The attack pushed to 70% both times. We were at 70% when all our flags were taken and We ended up at 95% but we would have needed up to a minute more to take. The whole season provoke's home hasn't been taken and it was taken last night due to fr warping.

Its a pretty sad league and game if it has to end like this.... Yeah why isn't it out of 3 games?
EGDL never has been out of 3 games, which is why it is still fairly popular league and people bother playing it (there is certain element of surprise there always and winner cannot be predicted straight from beginning). Also egdl finals have been won with weird moves or chokes before, which makes them even more memorable, tough luck for losers though :(
EGDL was b03 for semi/finals two seasons ago.....just saying.
User avatar
By Lee
#517067
Renowned wrote:
Lee wrote:
mattyoung wrote:The game wasn't one sided at all and it was quite equal as provoke's attack was pushing the whole time too although the anchor did die once... The attack pushed to 70% both times. We were at 70% when all our flags were taken and We ended up at 95% but we would have needed up to a minute more to take. The whole season provoke's home hasn't been taken and it was taken last night due to fr warping.

Its a pretty sad league and game if it has to end like this.... Yeah why isn't it out of 3 games?
EGDL never has been out of 3 games, which is why it is still fairly popular league and people bother playing it (there is certain element of surprise there always and winner cannot be predicted straight from beginning). Also egdl finals have been won with weird moves or chokes before, which makes them even more memorable, tough luck for losers though :(
EGDL was b03 for semi/finals two seasons ago.....just saying.
well maybe there is an exception, as long as i hosted it and eura, they were always single games and im pretty sure the one in spring had also just 1 game.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!