SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Moderator: lv

By lv
As it stands, there is not clear rule on what to do when a freq goes over the vp cap. My refs are unclear how to handle it so this rules needs to be clarified.

When a freq goes over the VP cap, the ref will inform the squad leader that they are over VP and then *arena Squadname is over VP by # of points %5. This way we know everyone has been informed. At this point, the ref will then type into public chat /!timer 60. This gives the squad leader 60 seconds to make the VP correct, if it not corrected by the time the timer goes off, the ref will then spec the lowest VP player on the team. If there are several of the same VP players, the ref will use Alphabetical order in making their decision... ie (Anton_(5), Hydrange (5), the ref will spec Anton_).

This brought up another question from a ref. What happens if a team is over VP when the music starts?
Flag timer is 240secs, that's 4 minutes. Ref will /!mi the bot as soon as music starts to ensure both teams are at or below VP cap and follow above procedures if someone is over. If at any point a player is changed out and the squad leader does not ensure that their VP cap is not over, then that is on the squad leader. So at this point, music is going, VP was checked by the ref and all is fine. A change out is made while music is going and winning team goes over VP and "ding" happens. The win is invalid and will be given to the opposing team. It is the squad leaders responsibility to verify their VP isn't over, not the REFS! The ref might not have time to tell you or to even check by the time you put in a replacement. So this is going to be on the squad leader, you win while over, you forfeit. Everyone knows how to /!mi the bot.

This brought up another question from the refs. What if a team continually goes over VP?
Teams are allowed 3 VP overage strikes. Third strike and your forfeit.

So I will sum this rule up.

When a freq goes over cap, the ref will inform the squad leader that they are over. They will then *arena Squadname is over VP cap by #. %sound. The ref will then type to pub chat !timer 60, giving the squad leader 60 seconds to correct the mistake. If it is not done by the squad leader when the timer goes off, the ref will spec the player with the least amount of VP, and do it in alphabetical order if there is more than one of the same VP value. When the music goes off, the ref will /!mi the bot and follow procedures if someone is over. Once the ref ensures VP is correct, it is all in the squad leaders hands. If they go over VP they cannot expect the ref to have time to inform them. And if winning team drops last flags while over VP, the winning team forfeits the game.

Teams are allowed 3 VP overage strikes. Third strike and you forfeit.
By lv
Ok, I know I may not have all this worded correctly or may have not thought of all aspects. This rule will not be implemented until we discuss it and adjust it if needed.
By Wagon
3 is too much , will go with 1 if its happend a second time, team got to play 1 player under or else this is abusable.

The time someone figure out team "A" is over , pm the ref , ref pm the gm and then start a 1 min timer , let the timer run off ref got to figure out who to spec then spec him = minimum 5min and you got 3 strike :/
By lv
Azela wrote:Easy to abuse.

If the GM Puts all their best players in for 60 seconds, that can make a huge difference. And, they can do that 2 times in a game, and get away with it?

I would suggest the following:

If the ref notices that a freq is over the VP cap, the ref is able to immediately *spec any member of that team who isn't in an important position (MFR/NME Anchor/Flag carrier).
Ok, we discussed that, and felt it more fair to give the GM/Cap a chance to do it because of the fact the ref could pick the wrong player. An accidental MRF, NME Anchor or flag carrier spec is not fixable, and I don't want that on the ref's heads without letting the cap have a chance first.

Maybe we should just start with the first overage... first one, you play one short, do it again? hard to do with 7 but possible, spec a second player. I can't see it happening a third time at this point, but if it does. Forfeit!

How about that?
By Lee
just a heads up, this rule and both versions are fine, but this also gives some players who hate their GMs a perfect opportunity to screw with them. Lets say player x at 6vp is really pissed off at his GM becuase he was subbed out. It only takes him 2 times to sneak on to freq make it over limit and his GM is screwed according to this rule.
So i hope exceptions will be accounted for and if GM hasnt ordered a sub that would take freq over vp gap, he shouldnt be punished? This can even happen as a mistake.
By Qdisc
The way it is worded, you can put in 8x 9vp players. Wait until the ref cba to !mi. Let the timer go out, have one getting specced. Have him join in again and repeat.

That's about 5+ minutes of playing your fully strongest players. And you can do it with zero threat of negative impact (as long as nobody fucks up afterwards).
By Raz
Suggested change:

After substitution - ref !mi

If a team goes over 50 VP limit;

Game ref - *arena (squad name) over freq limits. 15 seconds to rectify.

If after this point no change has been made game ref will choose the lowest VP player available that would bring the VP within the required limit. (possibly should not always be lowest VP as lowest could be a 1 and VP could be 3 over - So either players are specced in ascending VP order until within limits OR a player of equal value to VP deficit must be specced chosen by alphabetic order if more than 1 of the same VP.)

*arena Active freq VPs now within limits.

IF a team exceeds the 50 VP limit 3 or more times in a single game then the game is to be considered forfeit by the offending team.

IF a win is recorded by a team while over the VP limit it is to be considered forfeit by the team over VP limits. This should be non negotiable as it is the responsibility of the GMs/captains to maintain freq VP in play.
By lv
Raz wrote:Suggested change:

After substitution - ref !mi
The bot doesn't tell us when someone has been subbed. So this would REQUIRE the cap/lead to let the ref know of all sub changes as they are happening/just after they happen.
If a team goes over 50 VP limit;

Game ref - *arena (squad name) over freq limits. 15 seconds to rectify.

If after this point no change has been made game ref will choose the lowest VP player available that would bring the VP within the required limit. (possibly should not always be lowest VP as lowest could be a 1 and VP could be 3 over - So either players are specced in ascending VP order until within limits OR a player of equal value to VP deficit must be specced chosen by alphabetic order if more than 1 of the same VP.)

*arena Active freq VPs now within limits.

IF a team exceeds the 50 VP limit 3 or more times in a single game then the game is to be considered forfeit by the offending team.
This is ok, but 2 more times, they don't get 4 shots at going over, I think that's too many.
IF a win is recorded by a team while over the VP limit it is to be considered forfeit by the team over VP limits. This should be non negotiable as it is the responsibility of the GMs/captains to maintain freq VP in play.
I like this version, please give me reasonable feedback.

Thanks
By Qdisc
Sounds reasonable.

But is it too much to ask a referee to do a !mi each time they see someone sub out/in? I mean it's like max 30 subs in a 2h game. That's not that much to handle if you sign up as a ref..
By Glyde1
why the bot isn't programmed so you cant add a player that puts you over vp limit is beyond me. Will save us from ever having to worry about this rule
By Qdisc
Glyde1 wrote:why the bot isn't programmed so you cant add a player that puts you over vp limit is beyond me. Will save us from ever having to worry about this rule
Because it's set as a static and not as a variable. And the staff are unable to change that...
By lv
Qdisc wrote:Sounds reasonable.

But is it too much to ask a referee to do a !mi each time they see someone sub out/in? I mean it's like max 30 subs in a 2h game. That's not that much to handle if you sign up as a ref..
Refs are constantly being pmed about stuff, they miss people being subbed in, it's impossible for a ref to track every movement, they need to be informed. All the distractions, if/when they occur, the ref can't be expect to remember to /!mi the bot every few minutes. Most squads have a "spec lead", it would not be too hard for them to inform the ref as events are happening. /subbing out namehere <--- takes about 5 secs, if that. I am not asking them to ask permission, I am asking them to inform. Then the ref can /!mi the bot to make sure all is well.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!