SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Previous Extreme Games Flagging League
By Res Dog
#435529
Since there's on less game going on, is there a way we can make the rest of the games 1,2,3 and 4pm est? I don't think noon is a good time for any squad.
By denk
#435535
Res Dog wrote:Since there's on less game going on, is there a way we can make the rest of the games 1,2,3 and 4pm est? I don't think noon is a good time for any squad.
no
By Res Dog
#435536
Is it that difficult to go into schedule topic and swap bye week game with noon game? Wow
User avatar
By Lee
#435545
i love noon games, wtf
By Ioth
#435547
i dont.
By Res Dog
#435560
The other problem is that such as today, there's not match at 3pm and so the zone dies out, would be much nicer to have back to back matches.
By Pacino
#435561
yea was pretty shitty to be playing with half your starters afk dining when we're about to start

make every game within 1-4pm EST
By king
#435564
denk wrote:
Res Dog wrote:Since there's on less game going on, is there a way we can make the rest of the games 1,2,3 and 4pm est? I don't think noon is a good time for any squad.
no
can you give a reason for this?
By denk
#435565
staying the same. not going to change. every squad has enough players to compensate.
By king
#435566
that's not a fucking reason. res gave some good reasons for why this should be changed, and you haven't been able to give a counter-arguement as to why it's a bad idea. it's not a matter of if squads have enough players to compensate, it's a question of what is the best solution.
By denk
#435569
we have been doing this for 6 weeks and it has worked fine. those previous 6 weeks 12 squads have played at 12pm est and played fine. some of you say playing at 12pm est is a disadvantage cause its early or its dinner time. this gives the chance for other people to play if some people cant get up in time or have to eat dinner. squads are 30+ 40+ 50+ people. not 10 people.

everyone is playing with this. it is not effecting only 1 squad.

im sorry if you dont like my answer. it doesnt NEED to be changed, so its not going to be changed.
By king
#435575
having spoken to denk in-game, turns out he refuses to change it "because it has worked out so far". i can name a bunch of reasons why i think it's a better idea (that have been mentioned somewhat in this thread):

1) hopone ends around 1.20-1.30pm est. many squads are affected by this, and removing 12pm est time will therefor benefit a lot of people (no, it is not a proper counterarguement that if people have hopone, other squads get an advantage over said squad)
2) 12pm est is very early for westcoast americans, and even for some eastcoasters, since it's a sunday morning.
3) lots of euros eat dinner at this time as well (remember that lots of players still live at home)
4) it allows all egfl matches to be played back-to-back, which will keep more players logged in and not let zone die during the time when nothing is going on.

honestly, when you have an opportunity to improve the matches played by making it so that it's easier for squads to have more players show, you should at least take it into consideration and listen to what the playerbase has to say about it before turning the idea down. as an egfl coordinator, shouldn't your main concern be to make this league as good as possible? and not just stick to something that can easily be changed just because it has worked out so far? isn't part of the reason why we ditched saturday games that most players prefered sunday?

honestly, i wouldn't be so pissed off about this if you weren't being stubborn about it when the ONLY reason you can provide is a shitty one. yes, i don't like the reason you gave because it's a terrible reason, and it makes no sense why you would stick to your position (unless you are hoping to gain an advantage over the other squads, since yours isn't affected by hopone?). and you turn down the idea without even considering it or listening to the players who you actually host this league for. that just pisses me off. if it turns out most squadleaders would prefer it the old way with 12pm est, that is fine. but at least properly take the suggestion into consideration before saying "no", and providing what i wouldn't even call a reason.
By denk
#435577
i already knew his reasons before he said anything to me.

im sorry you dont like my reasons. the time and hopone affects everyone. as i said squads are not 10 people. no squads are having trouble having 10 people show.

i dont necessarily like the 12pm est time either. my match today, jeffrey didnt show, bold showed up an hour late, blue was 30 mins late, mice over slept.....pointwhore had hopone.......every squad is dealing with these issues.
By nunnnez
#435580
why not change it then?

if every squad has problems with it, it's hardly working.
By denk
#435583
nunnnez wrote:why not change it then?

if every squad has problems with it, it's hardly working.
because every squad has dealt with it for 6 weeks, and it has worked fine. why give advantage to some squads the final 4 weeks making them not have to deal with someone everyone else has?
By Res Dog
#435588
At least lee usually gave good counter arguments with his stubbornness. You haven't given us a single reason other than 'squads have more than 10 players' and 'it's equally inconvenient for everyone'. Obviously the smart thing to do would be have a poll or at least discuss it with the squad leaders. It's astonishing that you are defending this change honestly, and no before you suggest I run egfl next year I don't want the job.
By denk
#435592
i have already given many reasons. you guys just dont like them. obviously the reason why is because blood has 2 games coming up at 12pm est.

would it be fair to all the squads who have played with the disadvantages of playing at 12pm est the previous 6 weeks, to allow no more games at 12 pm est? i dont think so.

the scheduling was random. as you can see every squad but smooth op (dunno why) has had games at 12pm est

blood - 3
elitestar - 3
smooth op - 0
vicious - 3
trespass - 2
exalt - 3
rampage - 2
trespasser - 3
impurity - 2
arboreal - 1

once again, to make things fair for everyone, its not going to be changed. if you cant understand that im sorry.
By Res Dog
#435593
So you agree that it's a disadvantage to play at 12pm, and your reason for keeping it the same is 'that's the way it is'. Thanks for clearing that up. Also I didn't look at the schedule at all before posting this
By KeYPluss
#435599
lol denk why make ur own dicisions ur running egfl that dont mean u must run it the way U like it.
if all squad leaders say 1 pm game better then 12 what reason do u have to say no
cause we play like this for 6 weeks and its not fair for the people that play the last 4 weeks.
just make a poll or if u really dont want to change it make is 12 1 2 3 pm and leave 4 our it so all games will be played in a row
today we had a 1hour eating out of noses shit and waiting for the next game.

just make a poll or ask all squad leaders and councils there oppinion if they all agree u can change it if they wont agree leave it as it is

easy . its sooooooooo fucking easy to change it only thing u got to do is go to the topic schediule and change the times thats all!
By denk
#435601
Res Dog wrote:So you agree that it's a disadvantage to play at 12pm, and your reason for keeping it the same is 'that's the way it is'. Thanks for clearing that up. Also I didn't look at the schedule at all before posting this
when in any of my posts did i say "thats the way it is"

i said:
1.) everyone has dealt with it, so no need to change.
2.) every squad has multiple subs which allow more players to play if players cant cause they need to eat/lag/cant wake up.
3.) it is not fair to all the previous squads who have played at 12pm est to change future times.
By KeYPluss
#435603
ask them if they find it fair or not
and in es we have alot ALOT of dutch players same as in exalt and thats our dinner time in blood and imp u got like 1 dutch players so when we play u guys our good players are eating and u guys have ur best lineup that isnt fair cause of the weak time .
denk why not just make a poll or ask the squad leaders and council only that is ez to do right!?
By Bacon
#435606
Only thing i dont understand is why we cant just make a poll and let the squadleaders vote on it. Whoever wins, thats how it is.
User avatar
By Lee
#435607
KeYPluss wrote:ask them if they find it fair or not
and in es we have alot ALOT of dutch players same as in exalt and thats our dinner time in blood and imp u got like 1 dutch players so when we play u guys our good players are eating and u guys have ur best lineup that isnt fair cause of the weak time .
denk why not just make a poll or ask the squad leaders and council only that is ez to do right!?
as i said i love 12pm est games and i represent 2 squads, fear my opinion rofl.

but yeh, noon est is a tricky time, denk has a point that if its kinda unfair that for last 4 weeks some squads who would have had to deal with it now dont.
i do get the other half who want it changed tho, as their reasons are good.
btw i dont even know if tp has any noon est games left or tper, but im supporting the time schedule to be untouched as alot of players from both tp and tper are also from aussie-asian timezone and that timezone really has only chance of playing at that time.
By moss
#435707
wtf i love noon games, that means i actually get to watch football...

but i feel bad for ppl in MST or PST who have to get up at 9 am on a sunday morning :(
By Zeker
#435711
rofl imagine going to bed after going out on saturday at like 4am and then having to set an alarm for 4 hours later to prac
User avatar
By Lee
#435712
moss wrote:wtf i love noon games, that means i actually get to watch football...

but i feel bad for ppl in MST or PST who have to get up at 9 am on a sunday morning :(
i feel bad for aussies and asians who have to play 2am-4am monday morning if they want to lol. every single week.
By LoG
#435773
Lee wrote:i love noon games, wtf
crazy ass.

oh well, problem now is my next game is at noon the night after halloween :(
By Skilled
#435823
Alright for you lot, i can't play because of lag at 12,1,2,3 or 4 pm games
By moss
#435925
LoG wrote:
Lee wrote:i love noon games, wtf
crazy ass.

oh well, problem now is my next game is at noon the night after halloween :(
rofl that sucks...last halloween i woke up at 6 am, left the random girls house (dressed as carmen sandiego rofl), drove home, and passed out and didnt wake up till ~5pm hahahahah

i dont know what time we play yet but i make no guarantees :)

EDIT: just checked and we dont play till 4...sweetness
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!