- October 25th, 2009, 4:51 pm
having spoken to denk in-game, turns out he refuses to change it "because it has worked out so far". i can name a bunch of reasons why i think it's a better idea (that have been mentioned somewhat in this thread):
1) hopone ends around 1.20-1.30pm est. many squads are affected by this, and removing 12pm est time will therefor benefit a lot of people (no, it is not a proper counterarguement that if people have hopone, other squads get an advantage over said squad)
2) 12pm est is very early for westcoast americans, and even for some eastcoasters, since it's a sunday morning.
3) lots of euros eat dinner at this time as well (remember that lots of players still live at home)
4) it allows all egfl matches to be played back-to-back, which will keep more players logged in and not let zone die during the time when nothing is going on.
honestly, when you have an opportunity to improve the matches played by making it so that it's easier for squads to have more players show, you should at least take it into consideration and listen to what the playerbase has to say about it before turning the idea down. as an egfl coordinator, shouldn't your main concern be to make this league as good as possible? and not just stick to something that can easily be changed just because it has worked out so far? isn't part of the reason why we ditched saturday games that most players prefered sunday?
honestly, i wouldn't be so pissed off about this if you weren't being stubborn about it when the ONLY reason you can provide is a shitty one. yes, i don't like the reason you gave because it's a terrible reason, and it makes no sense why you would stick to your position (unless you are hoping to gain an advantage over the other squads, since yours isn't affected by hopone?). and you turn down the idea without even considering it or listening to the players who you actually host this league for. that just pisses me off. if it turns out most squadleaders would prefer it the old way with 12pm est, that is fine. but at least properly take the suggestion into consideration before saying "no", and providing what i wouldn't even call a reason.
2:ISR> i once cried because of ss
2:ISR> when imp dissolved