SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Extreme Games Flagging Draft League 2012

Moderators: Lee, s_fcdb, Res Dog

Alright so I guess it's that time of the season again. Truth be told, it has been quite an enjoyable season thus far with competition level quite equally distributed among most squads. It hasn't been one of those previous dull leagues where all games were lopsided so this is tremendous news for us fellow EGers. Certainly worth some applause. Clap clap clap**. As well with many Trench people coming in to play this season, it has definitely has made the games much more entertaining too so props to them as well.

Now time for some review. Objectivity (80%) and Subjectivity (20%) featured in these reviews. Viewer's discretion is advised. You may skip the first section if your sense of humour is too little. Enjoy and do leave your appreciation and despair through a reply. Thank you.

Seed 1: Drauma+ 3-0-1 10 points

Drauma+ Exclusive Report Card 4:
It has been a wonderful season for Drauma+. No losses, All wins. While some may disagree, let me explain to you since I have the leverage of doing so. Last game vs zombie, I decided to keep the strongest unit of mci, qs and blahhy at home just to play around with what could be our last season together. Never in a game have we all swung so we thought it would be nice to have that for the first hour and ten minutes of the game. As expected, we kept Zombie's (assumingly the better squad in this league) at 0-10% of base for whole game cept the end where we changed up the defense and confusion arose. This is partially me to blame. When mci, qs and I decided to go all out enemy, unfortunately, it was a bit too late and our home was unable to hold even though we took. Props to zombie for being able do that so a tie was well deserved by us. However, don't expect us to do that again in the playoffs or the rest of the season. In the Zombie game, to accommodate most of our players who have yet to play this season, we used a total of 15 players throughout that game! Amazing rotational skills and thrust skills EMeCeI!

Thank you to
Golfer (Great FRing, easiest FRing in a while)
Peejay (Ragequitting but calming down afterwards)
Kess (Wonderful job killing)
QS (Amazing humiliator)
MCI (For Awesome defense and rage quitting to take a smoke)
Renowned (For Spec leading for the team he deeply loves)
Fat mouse (Always solidifying the team through his quiet-demeanor and occasional sputters)
Barbar (Spec Leading Baller!)
TheCript (Im starting to like this guy and for swinging like a true pro)
MCS (For Showing that magic and stress can co-exist during a game and that dreams can come true)
Blahhy. (For playing his heart out for a tie)
Black (For sacrificing his swinging awesomeness for the Three Mustakeers' one day fun)
RaeRae( For showing up after game)
Shaft (Awesome attacker, wish he comes on more)
Antinova (The best anchor on Trauma+ that has finally shown his amazing talent despite sucking because he was on a 8inch laptop on game day)
RaeRae (For vanishing and appearing throughout game)
Bai (Apparently for pissing off MCI in game. OH yea.)
Roozter ( For refusing to show, what a guy)

Props to everyone on Drauma+ for subbing in and out throughout the entirety of the game! Well done!

Season-Perspective:
While Drauma+ has done well, there has been one big question revolving around the squad that many may not have noticed. In its last 3 regular season win, two of them came via Blahhy's heroics and one apparently came from KESS, a twer, on a pro-active rush that resulted in a flagroom choke. While this shows drauma+s depth of getting even contribution from a low vp, the question is whether they can win a game from a clear take? That will be revealed as the next few weeks come by cause you can't depend to win a game on a hero every single time EVEN THOUGH I WILL TRY. In the upcoming few weeks, expect Drauma+ to not have any major problems against the remaining squads. With the starting line up pretty much set, do also expect them to be at their full strength in their upcoming games.

Key Player of Season: Blahhy.
Of course, how can I forget about gloating myself. A true flashy inspiration asked by his buttbuddies mci, qs, and renowned to return. Here I am here. Mostly found screwing around in BD in ship 7 and 1, I have decided to give EG another chance to witness my greatness and I have not disappointed myself. Hopefully, I haven't disappointed you either :(. Most kills in all the games Ive played by a wide margin while directly impacting the outcome of two of our games. I expect myself to help our team win into the near future. Whatever it takes to put a smile on my American, Mexican, and Indian friend. And let's not forget that Vietnamese icon. Oh yes, I did fat MCI last game or else we should have won instead of tie so I'm 3-1 in my books. Go Drauma go+

Expected Standing at End of Season (SEED) : 5-0-2 (#1 seed) 17 points

Seed 2: Wrecktum 3-1-0 9 points

Season in Perspective:
Yes, they've been winning games. Yes, they seem to be on a roll. But for me, it seems like they are doing it against the much weaker squads. A win vs Vires, and Smash Trash is nothing to be proud about and a win vs a decent team like So Brave looked to be a 22 min quick win in week 1 which featured an disoriented squad that has pulled itself up in recent weeks. They've lost to Drauma+ and I can say while they looked pretty bad for 3/4 of the games, they managed to pull themselves together in the latter quarter of the game and if not for Blahhy's heroic, who knows what would have happened? A lot will depend on their upcoming game against zombie as it will show which of these two squads is the other favourite of this league. They do not have any flamboyant players but they have many strong players who are extremely consistent. This is a squad that needs someone to light a fire under them. DAZZ DAZZ DAZZ, zeker? where art thou?

Expected Standing at End of Season (SEED) : 5-2-0 (#2) 15 points

Seed 3: Vires 2-2-0 6 points

Season in Perspective:
This is an interesting squad contingent on three key players. Renowned, Hawkeye and Optimal. Being purely objective, this squad has a mixture of good and elite players but it lacks the swagger and vibe of a dominant squad. Possibly why they have deviated back to what was expected of them. Initially, asides from the three names aforementioned, I saw nobody else in their lineup that I felt would have a strong impact on their games although they are good players, don't get me wrong. I was wrong as they managed to pull out a win vs So Brave in week 2 through a hero. However, recently, they've started losing to the squads that are just better overall on paper. Acquiring a few talents through the FA market, maybe they can come up with some magical formula to revamp their line. I still expect these guys to make the playoffs though.

Expected Standing at End of Season (SEED) : 3-4-0 (#6) 9 points

Seed 4: Bossy 2-2-0 6 points

Season in Perspective:
If it ain't the Trance, Sponger, Scan combo that everyone has drooled off staring at. Their performance has certainly be drool-worthy but not in the way that was expected. Most people have been shocked at their lackluster performance considering what were extreme high expectations. They've had surprise losses like the one to Smash Trash and Zombie at the start of the season since they were the expected favourites in both. Nonetheless, like any good teams with strong potential, they've been deviating back to where they should be despite their initial fluttering. I have high expectations for this squad solely because they have three very talented players and an vast array of good players behind them. Certainly, some strong low VPS like Light and Luxe and Nubby. All eyes are on them to see if they were as good as advertised deep into the 2nd half of the season. What not better way to start than to face Drauma+ next week? May the drama begin.

Expected Standing at End of Season (SEED) : 4-3-0 (#4) 12 points

Seed 5: So Brave 2-2-0 6 points

Season in Perspective:
Here is another squad that has shown extreme inconsistency from week to week. Sometimes, a sign of good players with a disoriented leader trying to figure things out. Sometimes, these squads get it together by the end of season but most of the times, they do not. Winning a 2hr tough grined out game vs Zombie and then losing to a squad like Vires on an easy choke. It's hard to predict whether this is a squad that will perform in the near future especially the fact that they played against Smash Trash and will play against Melon Masher next week. Both squads have shown that they can compete at times but in most instances, they either show 4 players with heart or show 8 who don't seem to want to play. Thus, expect So Brave to better their record until their last two weeks where they face DRauma+ and Wrecktum. Hopefully Azela and Lee can figure out a line that works for this squad and help them reach deep into the playoffs. Benching OCB is not a smart move eitehr ;) A wildcard team in my mind.

Expected Standing at End of Season (SEED) : 3-3-1 (#5) 10 points

Seed 6 Zombie 1-1-1 4points

(One game not accounted for yet)
Season in Perspective:
This is a weird squad that was hyped up to be one of the better squads! All I can think of is the fact that they have slimy EEL, the best leader in EG, leading it filled with a plethora of buttkissing sidekicks on his side. Thus, why I decided to mock them in our game vs them by putting my three best men in swing and holding them to 0%to10% of our base for 1 hour 10 min of the game. And to be honest, they weren't anything special in my eyes. They managed to draw a tie with us shortly after we had to switch our roles through some confusion which is partially my fault. We took their base and they took our base so props to them. Nonetheless, the game did show me that this is a team that's decent but should certainly not be considered favourites. While they have good players like bloodline, and combo, taught I personally have yet to see all of them in any games so I guess their performance so far will have to be an over achievement. Regardless, I wish eel the best and I hope that he can carry this squad that has the most moderate skill level yet the highest ego level to a position at the end of the season that will satisfy their e-achievement!

Expected Standing at End of Season 4-2-1 (#3) 13 points

7 Smash Trash 1-3-0

Not available for comment. Miss playoffs.

Expected Standing at End of Season 2-5-0 (#7) 6 points

8 Melon Mashers 0-3-0
Peejay can comment on this squad. Miss Playoffs. I hope you prove me wrong with at least one win.

Expected Standing at End of Season 0-7-0 (#8) 0 points
Last edited by blahhy on June 12th, 2012, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good read! Glad to see someone doing this :D
blahhy wrote:Antinova (The best anchor on Trauma+ that has finally shown his amazing talent despite sucking because he was on a 8inch laptop on game day)
10 inch netbook... there's a difference! And I'm pretty sure GOLFER is the best Trauma+ anchor.
Azela wrote:My analysis is as follows. Drauma have scraped through their games with sheer luck and failures from the opponent rather than their own good play. Their leadership is questionable and they will suffer badly against teams who have a good show since they don't have any stand out players in their squad.

Overall squad rating 6/10

Will go out in first round of playoffs.
Pipe down seed 5
Think azelas butt hurt you called him a choker and a badleader. I didnt rage quit was never in so rage ate took my boys out to eat. Nice read but im waiting for Lees aswell he always does this so its traditional he does it again.
Rofl @ Azela guy is too mad. Azela if it's suh luck then why has every trauma base take been 0-99 in under. 5 min. Zombie game only one that took us +5 to actually take but it took under 5 from 0-99 with my la past then blah fat also. Sure my leadership can get shaky half way through the game having to type instead of team speak while playing and making more subs than any other team but who's wOuldnt? Especially 1 1/2 into it with no smoke. Trust my whole team knows when I need a smoke. Take week before this game for example. My laptop overheats 5 min before match so I log in right at start no setup. We lose top and bottom and get stuck at mid right, qs is talking rage quit 3 min into it. What do I do? Calm him down wait for 1 drop. So chicken leaves top mid, have black neut his 3 get famouse and him to find neut send some newb to top mid and we recOver possibly worste start with a ball and top mid and a victory. You arnt even close to my level, I do pitty you somewhat I guess. I'm hardly trying this year just having fun with the crew an I'm on top. You're probably having serious practtice and sending out messages to squad dies begging for them to show and you're sitting firmly in 5th seed. Good day sir.
Azela wrote:My analysis is as follows. Drauma have scraped through their games with sheer luck and failures from the opponent rather than their own good play. Their leadership is questionable and they will suffer badly against teams who have a good show since they don't have any stand out players in their squad.

Will go out in first round of playoffs
rofl I've got to say I like it when you make predictions mainly because the opposite of what you predict usually is the outcome :D thanks for confirming that Drauma+ will make it past the first round of playoffs, was a bit worried about that :lol:
Golfer. wrote:

Will go out in first round of playoffs
rofl I've got to say I like it when you make predictions mainly because the opposite of what you predict usually is the outcome :D thanks for confirming that Drauma+ will make it past the first round of playoffs, was a bit worried about that :lol:
If it's opposite, it means that you won't make playoffs at all, or you will go out in semi's vs Azela, (Which is my prediction) Just cause it happened last year in quarters. and All my predictions are right. gg.
good read, i really dont have time or desire to make those anymore, so im glad someone else does.
So Brave as i predicted has been mainly suffering from finding a good combination of players in game, in almost every game we use majority of the roster, because with every sub, something goes better, but at the same time something goes worse as well.
Funnily, we had really good showup for last weekend and we thought we had the perfect lineup finally figured out as well, but unfortunately opposition didnt show, so it was a bit of a dissapointment.
Really hoping Melon will show and put up a good fight, having 2 weeks in a row basically free-wins would be bad for our performance overall.
As for rest, i dont think drauma will drop out first week of playoffs as they will most probably be among top 2 squads and have a bye week, zombie/wrectum/vires/so brave/bossy all seem to be on similar level in sense that on a good day they can beat anyone (include drauma) but on a bad day can also lose to anyone. Draumas success i will currently write down mainly to their huge experience as a squad, them and zombie are basically only 2 squads with players having loads of experience with each other.
In So Brave for example, i have never even played with any of our other starters before, except for very brief spells with bombed/dtiss and to some extent delete.
SO drauma will probably not get any better during the league, other squads have potential of doing it. Another question is if they can.
Lee wrote:Draumas success i will currently write down mainly to their huge experience as a squad, them and zombie are basically only 2 squads with players having loads of experience with each other.
trance, sponger, scan, kute have played with each other plenty. I'd even go as far as saying that I have a lot of experience with those four, solely based on the fact that I've played in at least two leagues with all 4, and 3/4 of them taught me how to play EG.
thix wrote:
Lee wrote:Draumas success i will currently write down mainly to their huge experience as a squad, them and zombie are basically only 2 squads with players having loads of experience with each other.
trance, sponger, scan, kute have played with each other plenty. I'd even go as far as saying that I have a lot of experience with those four, solely based on the fact that I've played in at least two leagues with all 4, and 3/4 of them taught me how to play EG.
yea and out of those only trance and maybe kute are the regulars, sponger and scan show here and then, while drauma top lineup has been there more or less every game (may be wrong).
Maybe with exception of zombie aka grid, drauma is the only core-based squad really here down to the subs and benchers and it has shown, bossy surely has alot of top player experience, but they are hardly as active and dedicated in showing, but as i said , its just half of main season gone.
The Future of EG

So why did FC bother taking this on, seems like th[…]

Hi

Let the zone die. Fc ruined it, human trash. Sup[…]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!