SSCU Extreme Games

Part of the Subspace Continuum network.

Find the most recent news and updates for the Extreme Games zone here!
By RaeRae
Jackpot:

Every unique player which enters a ship will add 2 EGC to the jackpot.
The players of the winning team will divide the total EGC jackpot evenly.

Players can donate to the jackpot with !jp.d a:<amount>

Players can challenge someone else to donate to the jackpot. If the person accepts, the challenger will pay the amount he challenged for and so will the challenged person. Once it is accepted, there are no refunds or reimbursements.

This can be done so using: !jp.ch n:<name> a:<amount>

Challengees have one minute to respond, if they don't challenge is closed.
To accept a challenge: !jp.ca
To reject a challenge: !jp.cr
1 person can be involved in 1 challenge at a time (to prevent spam and abuse)

See the current JP in points and EGC pot with !jp.c

We use to give out prizes to the winning team, like 150 bty for highest rated etc. It was only given out if JP was 5 mil or higher. However, now every win we giving out those prizes automated.

Buy Slots

Similar to the ones we had before, but with a little bit of a change.
Previously you could buy a slot for 24 hours. You would receive the prize every spawn.
Now you can subscribe on a slot. You will pay every spawn for the item.
There is no expiration date, you have to unsubscribe yourself from the slot if you no longer want it on each spawn.

To see a list of buyable slots: !buy.sl
To Subscribe: !buy.s <slot item>
To Unsubscribe: !buy.sr <slot item>

If you buy more than one, you must unsubscribe from each one individually.

New Shut Up Module

If you are punished using the new !shutup command, you will have to work it off by actively playing in pub. Sitting in spec watching the clock won't help ya with this version. :twisted:

Quick Win

We'll soon be adding (this is in testing and not yet implemented on the main bots) new code to stop quickwins. What it will do is essentially nuet the very last flag that was supposed to drop. So far it works great and we're optimistic.

Let me know if you guys have questions. Thanks!

12/30 ADDITIONAL ADDITIONS

100 EGC fine if they get a shut up or shiplock.

Updated Shutup command to send an update every 5 minutes with how long they have left

Make people pay to play Treasure Hunt. !th.p charges you 1 EGC * minutes left.
If you do !th.np and !th.p again it will charge you again

Pay per guess on Scramble and Trivia
By Square Apple
Hi Rae, question about Shut Up module: will perpetrator have to make kills as well? Otherwise he can just get in and camp somewhere.
By stewie
RaeRae wrote:

New Shut Up Module

If you are punished using the new !shutup command, you will have to work it off by actively playing in pub. Sitting in spec watching the clock won't help ya with this version. :twisted:

this is cancer
By Lee
What is the point of this challenge? U challenge someone that you will win the game or?

EGC sux heavy balls anyways, it just makes game more complicated, how on earth is a new player ever going to learn commands like those?

It used to be very simple, you play in events, win them, get prizes and use them in game if needed. It was part of strategy, i remember talking with squaddies on chat about who has how many prizes anyone has to upgrade ships and do some massive thoring. It was just 1 command !pm, prize me ez as that, everyone got it right away.
Now you have 2 jackpots, some challenge systems, some slots and whatever else. Why make a perfectly fun simple game more complicated? I don't understand it. If anything it only supports random frayers and people who delay games by running around with flags.
By Black Boy
Imma say something positive, its nice that players can add to jackpot, i still think you should keep the prizes handed out set to a certain jackpot limit. I can See People ending games before they even starten alle the time because of the incentive. Atleast till we implement lees idea. Otter then that good improvements and thanks for the efforr
By Rek
Mesmerizing wrote:Hi Rae, question about Shut Up module: will perpetrator have to make kills as well? Otherwise he can just get in and camp somewhere.
Kills aren't currently required but it could be adjusted if need be.
By Rek
Lee wrote:What is the point of this challenge? U challenge someone that you will win the game or?
Right. It let's you bet "money" on matches saying your team will win.
By RaeRae
Azela wrote:It never fails to astonish me how much effort devs are willing to put in, and how quickly they work, for "additions" that are completely useless.

And to think that Lee's idea has been ground to a halt due to it requiring dev work.
It's not halted. It's being worked on, it's just not completed. From what I'm told, a big part of one flag are the stats, and Lee doesn't want to put it in pub testing until those are ready, which is very respectable. If we're going to do this, we might as well do it right. I was able to get an rough estimate of how complete one flag is: map: 98% settings:100% bot:100% stats:75%. If you want to see progress being made you can go to ?go oneflag

These are smaller ways we're trying to make the current pub more interesting for the players. We're hoping EGC will help encourage competition and players to win games as an extra incentive on top of points.
By Square Apple
Perhaps EGC increases could be based on kills rather than when someone enters the arena. Cause ultimately that should be the factor that determines how big the game is, imo.
By minister
Nice work i kinda agree with lee..i wish cmds n everything were simpler n more user friendly for all.. mostly Im hoping someone fixes bd bot so people can sub in or leave without the bot ending the match (i would look at devas bd bot and other zones for reference) seeing as bd is all thats ever goin when i sign on, also some diff size bd bases n larger team capabilities to avoid refreqs
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Play Extreme Games on Subspace Continuum Today!